No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis are moving this weekend. Whitetail bucks are hiding out, apparently. Zach and I snuck up into a herd of axis in the thick brush yesterday. We were 60 yards from them. They never knew we were there. Zach got a beautiful buck. There was a bigger buck, but he traded places in line with this one when they went behind a bush. When this one stepped out, he died. Still a pretty buck, and it was a memorable stalk. Fun hunt!

My dad is in camp hunting with us too. He got a big axis doe for his freezer today. 3 generations of deer slayers doing work. Doesn't get much better than that.

Comment

Sounds like a good hunt! Congrats to you ya'll!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Heck yeah!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to your son Shane! I noticed on the cell cameras that we are getting more action at the feeders.

Comment

Will be out that way this weekend, going to bow hunt Friday and sit in my gun stand the rest of the weekend. Got some camp work to do as well.

Im sure the area will be filled with hunters. I will prob be around Rafters on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
              Congrats to your son Shane! I noticed on the cell cameras that we are getting more action at the feeders.
              Our feeders are mighty lonely places still. Just a few whitetail does showing up. My protein feeder hasn't been touched for at least a couple weeks. Crazy. But deer are everywhere (except in the feed pens). I got this 34x33 yesterday morning.

He had a brown spot on his white belly. I never saw one that had that before. Kinda interesting.

Last edited by Shane; 10-30-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Y'all had a great weekend! Saw some axis but didn't have any in bow range! Always next time! Covered in acorns right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a weekend for you guys Shane, Big congrats on two nice axis!

Comment

Awesome Shane. That's a great buck. I've never noticed any with a spot like that.

Comment

Any of y'all going to be at the Sonora Wild Game Dinner the weekend after opening weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        Our feeders are mighty lonely places still. Just a few whitetail does showing up. My protein feeder hasn't been touched for at least a couple weeks. Crazy. But deer are everywhere (except in the feed pens). I got this 34x33 yesterday morning.

He had a brown spot on his white belly. I never saw one that had that before. Kinda interesting.

Congrats to you, your son, and your dad on the Axis. Great memories being made.

Comment

Congrats Shane. Two great Axis!

Comment

Two nice animals, there. Congrats

Comment

Will be around Rafters on Saturday for the lunch they do if anyone will be around. Prob be there about an hour BS'ing with guys there. Would be good to put some faces to names if any of you guys stop by.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
                                Will be around Rafters on Saturday for the lunch they do if anyone will be around. Prob be there about an hour BS'ing with guys there. Would be good to put some faces to names if any of you guys stop by.
                                I didn't know Rafter did a feed on opening weekend. I usually go to the one on Labor Day. I need feed more than likely so I'll probably just come by around lunch too.

Comment

Working...
                                X