• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to keep this thread current

Comment

Ill be up thur-sun/mon

Comment

I have been hunting the public land in Newton so far this year. I will be doing a couple of hunts on Sabine National Forest this weekend.

In Newton I got busted Sunday morning by this buck. I slacked bad when I put the stand in a red oak because it was a lot easier than the water oak that was 5 yards deep in a yaupon tangle. I paid the price for that mistake.

Tuesday evening I let a button buck walk, and this evening I let a big mama doe and her fawn walk, at 8 yards. They never busted me, though they walked across my trail in.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to hear that, least you seen some deer. I have only been once to the Newton tract so far. Hope to start changing that next week!

Comment

Cool story buckmastertexas

Comment

I am hoping the acorns are falling in some of my favorite hardwood bottoms on the SNF and the Moore Plantation. I am gonna just pop into a couple of the spots for blind hunts, places that always have a buck or two. Then there will be a few power scouts, into the past hotspots, check the sign discretely, low profile - midday, with scent control, and back out.

Comment

Anyone hunt off 201? I live in Brookeland and have wanted to give it a try but not sure where to go or where boundaries for the forest and leases in the area.

Went out that way Friday on the way to 6 mile and saw a good buck right after we turned onto 3243.

Comment

Originally posted by buckmastertexas View Post
                  I have been hunting the public land in Newton so far this year. I will be doing a couple of hunts on Sabine National Forest this weekend.

In Newton I got busted Sunday morning by this buck. I slacked bad when I put the stand in a red oak because it was a lot easier than the water oak that was 5 yards deep in a yaupon tangle. I paid the price for that mistake.
                  Ouch. That is a NICE buck. Hopefully you can get back on him

Comment

Has anyone received their doe tag for Sabine nf. I was contacted by email on Oct 1st but nothing in the mail yet.

Comment

Nope, was wondering the same thing

Comment

I assume you meant Moore plantation

Comment

I hunt off of 87 & 144. Alot of activitie im my spot lots of deer. not to mention the 3 diff.bucks that I have comin in. That crush sugar beets.... man

Comment

Yes moore plantation thank you trash2.

Comment

The tags were mailed late last week. I called them today. Should have them by friday.

Comment

My brother is taking me out to Ragtown opening general weekend, I've never been but plan on bringing my bow and climber if it comes in before then.. any tips for a noob? I'll have no time to go scout before hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X