No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dropped off our group application #129 and 167 hunters now.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
      Just dropped off our group application #129 and 167 hunters now.
      Wow, late push...still surprised it didn't break 200

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a big last minute push! The draw will probably be sometime next week after they get any mail-in apps. Checked out old spot from last year, and all the deer looked healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
          That is a big last minute push! The draw will probably be sometime next week after they get any mail-in apps. Checked out old spot from last year, and all the deer looked healthy.
          I found at least 2 dead fawns.... so I hope your audit was more representative of the state of the property.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Went back to my spot from last year and all looks good. Cleared out my entrance and placed my cameras. Hoping to find my buck for a second chance at him. Man, It's hot!!! Since I got my Doe I'm not going to the draw and just waiting for the orientation. I work on Saturday's and cant remember if we need to show up for orientation or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
              Checked out old spot from last year, and all the deer looked healthy.
              Checked? Like your camera is still out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                Went back to my spot from last year and all looks good. Cleared out my entrance and placed my cameras. Hoping to find my buck for a second chance at him. Man, It's hot!!! Since I got my Doe I'm not going to the draw and just waiting for the orientation. I work on Saturday's and cant remember if we need to show up for orientation or not.
                Orientation is mandatory.

Comment

Copy that. What's the date so I can switch work schedule. Thanks Mike

Comment

Copy that. What's the date so I can switch work schedule. Thanks Mike
                    I believe Saturday the 19th sir.

Comment

Dicey move since your not guaranteed to get the same spot. Good luck

Comment

Finally got my butt to Cedar Breaks to get on draw list. I was 137.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a couple back up spots, not really worried. If somebody gets there before me, I'll simply move down a bit. This is public land hunting and I'm not about to get upset of this happens. Just blessed to be able to get out there again.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                            Dicey move since your not guaranteed to get the same spot. Good luck
                            But if they do it like last year the exempt hunters will have a month head start

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                              But if they do it like last year the exempt hunters will have a month head start

Oh yeah I didn't get to hunt last year can you explain what they did.

Comment

I wasn't exempt but the way I understand it the exempt people got to set up spots when they got their draw notification...thats over a month ahead of orientation.

Comment

Working...
                                X