Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
    Almost 80 miles this year already? Man you are just crushing it!

God bless and happy hunting.
    Richard.
    Thanks Richard! It is officially 80 miles now.

Hoping to hit 100 before the end of the week. Weekend plans might mess that up though.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

This popped up this morning...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ruck.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	24526550

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
        This popped up this morning...

[ATTACH]891890[/ATTACH]
        Seriously? Crap! I procrastinated too long Didnt even know they had a quota for the ruck.

Comment

I started last night with 20lbs in a 511 pack for 4 miles!!!!

Comment

this is a bad idea from medical standpoint.. your disc in your lower back will tell you that in a few yrs but dont say I didnt warn you, I see it every day... worst are usually middle age ex military guys from training like this
            -just get out and use body wt and squats to strengthen legs no more needed..
            Slow and steady hauling meat back on pack

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
              I started last night with 20lbs in a 511 pack for 4 miles!!!!
              Nice! Which 5.11 did you use? I am using the Rush12.

Comment

Did this 4 years ago in the army with air assault load the last 2 mile hill was brutal

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  Nice! Which 5.11 did you use? I am using the Rush12.

Yes please fill me in on the 5.11 packs!!! Look good and affordable via Amazon but I know nothing about how to compare which packs are worth a dern.

Comment

I really like the all the hiking and mileage that I see getting cranked out. I've read this thread and others like it from Swamprabbit in past. (The ruck fishing trip was awesome)

I'll never understand why people use a "rucksack" instead of a backpacking pack. The backpacks offered by osprey, Gregory, arcteryx, etc, are awesome. Years of research from thru hikers. Super lite and designed to minimize wear and tear on your body. So you are ready for the next day.

I guess I understand (or maybe I don't) that guys from the military want to use a product that they are familiar with. I understand that the "ruck" backpacks are made from a thicker material, hence maybe more reliable in the long run.(durability) But youre not getting shot at and its not a life or death situation if your pack gets a hole in it.(Osprey has a life time warranty, small hole, send it back)

So I guess my questions is......

Why not use the best gear available for your task?

Comment

I saw this the other day and thought of Swamprabbits ruck threads.

Still too heavy (empty) for my likings. But I thought of the Ruckers.

Comment

I have a 511 tac tec plate vest.

Comment

Originally posted by JoseyWales82 View Post
                          I really like the all the hiking and mileage that I see getting cranked out. I've read this thread and others like it from Swamprabbit in past. (The ruck fishing trip was awesome)

I'll never understand why people use a "rucksack" instead of a backpacking pack. The backpacks offered by osprey, Gregory, arcteryx, etc, are awesome. Years of research from thru hikers. Super lite and designed to minimize wear and tear on your body. So you are ready for the next day.

I guess I understand (or maybe I don't) that guys from the military want to use a product that they are familiar with. I understand that the "ruck" backpacks are made from a thicker material, hence maybe more reliable in the long run.(durability) But youre not getting shot at and its not a life or death situation if your pack gets a hole in it.(Osprey has a life time warranty, small hole, send it back)

So I guess my questions is......

Why not use the best gear available for your task?
                          I see your point, but I don't thru hike, backpack, etc.

I have used a GORUCK GR0 for the past 4 Bataan Death March events and all the training that leads up to those events. I've also used it for other events as well. I also use it as a travel bag for short work trips. I've used it as a range bag. I've used it to haul stuff back and forth to a deer blind. I've used it to hump gear at Disney World and Universal.

I wanted a ruck sack that I could have for multiple uses. Just so happens that I'm also accustomed to it for weighted endurance events as well.

Comment

I have used a GORUCK GR0 for the past 4 Bataan Death March events and all the training that leads up to those events. I've also used it for other events as well. I also use it as a travel bag for short work trips. I've used it as a range bag. I've used it to haul stuff back and forth to a deer blind. I've used it to hump gear at Disney World and Universal.

I wanted a ruck sack that I could have for multiple uses. Just so happens that I'm also accustomed to it for weighted endurance events as well.
                            I do the same with my packs too. 30L for the day stuff described(and some quick summer time overnighters). 65L for multi-day trips.

Seems like more of a "looks cool" then practicality. (Which I'm not against by any means) I mean why have molle webbing everywhere? to attach things? like what?

Just for the record, I think the tactical look is bad ***.

Comment

I agree they are cool packs. And versatile.

But when it comes to distance and weight distribution.....

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                                Are there any good areas to ruck around Tomball/Cypress/Montgomery area? I would like to start doing weekend rucks, I miss living in Arizona where I could go do hike all the time!
                                Check out the Lone Star Trail.

http://lonestartrail.org/ <------ Really nice maps
                                Last edited by JoseyWales82; 01-11-2018, 04:09 PM. Reason: added website

Comment

Working...
                                X