X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bataan registration is live

Comment

^^^^ Awesome!

With season opener I forgot to update this thread. Had come down with a cold over the weekend and for the first time in a very long time, I didn't even hit 15000 steps... more like 2k. Monday I walked, but didnt ruck. However, I finished off the week with about 15 miles with the 62# ruck and 26 miles total. Not the best week, but all things considered... I expect the fall to slow down some due to other distractions... like being in the woods.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m registered. Who else is in?

Comment

This makes my lower back sore just reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ DUPLECHAIN View Post
            This makes my lower back sore just reading it.
            Oddly enough my back doesnt suffer. My traps sometimes feel it... my hip flexors too.

Putting the load in the proper place... high on your back... with a frame to distribute the load to your hips is key.

Comment

I got my pack frame today! It's a ALPS Commander. I like it so far. I loaded it up with about 30-40 lbs bag of corn and hiked up and down some hills this evening. I should have done this sooner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

One of my fitness goals for the upcoming year is to run a 5k while wearing a ruck sack. Which pack is best to jog with? Thanks

Comment

So far October has hit me pretty hard in the volume department. I haven't even really put in a ton of steps period. My cold turned out to be just severe allergies, but it still hits you pretty hard.

One thing I did do is upped my heavy pack from 62# to 65# and my normal pack from 35# to 40#. Obviously not a big jump (only 5%), but it is a mental thing. If I recall correctly 65# was some military weight for some sort of selection... but I can't remember.

Monday I put in a little over 6 miles with the 65#... as well as 3.5 miles Tuesday and 5 miles today. That puts me at almost 15 miles so far this week. I did start feeling it a bit in my lower back and I've noticed that the duffle has compressed height wise and bulged out at the bottom, which means the weight has shifted lower. So I need to pull the trigger and get a narrower bag that I can load up much higher on the back. I am sitting at 180lbs and 40% is just about 70lbs so I don't have much more to go.

Comment

After a few weeks of inconsistency... I was able to string 5 days together and put in a little over 30 miles with the 65# ruck.

Time to up to 70#

Comment

My favorite workout to do by a long shot is throwing 60# on my back and just walking. Turn on a podcast and I can go for days. It comes in handy when you want to hunt and pack out your deer without dragging anywhere.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2420.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	24518596

Comment

Starting this today. Going to pick up a sack of corn after work....already have a pack with hip belt.

Comment

I was not in the military anybody know of a good ruck sack you can buy for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              After a few weeks of inconsistency... I was able to string 5 days together and put in a little over 30 miles with the 65# ruck.

Time to up to 70#

Are there any good areas to ruck around Tomball/Cypress/Montgomery area? I would like to start doing weekend rucks, I miss living in Arizona where I could go do hike all the time!

Comment

We should have a Ruck division at TBoT

Comment

Working...
                                X