Cell phone hog trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    Good job on the trap. You had to know everyone was going to be asking you detailed step by step instructions on how to make it.
    When I feel 100% confident in the system and it has been in the field for a while I will give final design, I have had signal strength and voltage issues which I think have been solved. I installed a 40 amp automotive relay from advance auto to protect the contacts on the control board
    And I might need a diode across the load, I am building a system for a friend who is going to be my beta tester, and my goal is to teach him how to use it successfully with minimal tech support. Communication with the trap is through SMS text messaging and the trap will send status confirmations also but last night it sent the number 1 to me and my son, I am not sure why. I posted a picture of a communication with the trap
    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome

Comment

In for details. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

We built one also. It works great and had caught near 100 hogs before we left our lease. The biggest issue we had was cell service with ATT. We used a bigger antenna and a booster to help with that.

Comment

In for build details
            I want to doctor something like this up to turn on/off a well pump to water my garden/fruit trees

Comment

Looks good!

I was thinking of building one for a while and never got around to it.

You can use a relay something like this to close the latch:

Comment

Thats awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by 10132297 View Post
                  When I feel 100% confident in the system and it has been in the field for a while I will give final design, I have had signal strength and voltage issues which I think have been solved. I installed a 40 amp automotive relay from advance auto to protect the contacts on the control board
                  And I might need a diode across the load, I am building a system for a friend who is going to be my beta tester, and my goal is to teach him how to use it successfully with minimal tech support. Communication with the trap is through SMS text messaging and the trap will send status confirmations also but last night it sent the number 1 to me and my son, I am not sure why. I posted a picture of a communication with the trap

It looks like the GSM went into the "Verification Mode".

You said you have yours and your sons numbers programed into it but its showing 3 contacts.
                  Who is the 3rd number? I think any of the remaining numbers can activate the GSM but only the first 2 get feedback from the unit.

Is it possible that someone butt dialed the controller?

Another thing ----- It could also be that there was a power surge or lightning strike that triggered the number verification- either where the trap is or even where the tower that transmits the signal from.
                  Did the actual trap activate on its own?

I'm curious to know what it was if you figure it out.

Comment

In

Comment

good job. those two might of been worth hauling to a buyer if you had one in the area.

Comment

Great idea...

Comment

What are y'all using to receive the SMS/cell phone signal then transmit a electric pulse to the gate lock to shut it?

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                          Looks good!

I was thinking of building one for a while and never got around to it.

You can use a relay something like this to close the latch:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-DC-cell...YAAOSwMpZUolOq
                          Originally posted by Kbar View Post
                          It looks like the GSM went into the "Verification Mode".

You said you have yours and your sons numbers programed into it but its showing 3 contacts.
                          Who is the 3rd number? I think any of the remaining numbers can activate the GSM but only the first 2 get feedback from the unit.

Is it possible that someone butt dialed the controller?

Another thing ----- It could also be that there was a power surge or lightning strike that triggered the number verification- either where the trap is or even where the tower that transmits the signal from.
                          Did the actual trap activate on its own?

I'm curious to know what it was if you figure it out.

Comment

In for details

Comment

Following for build details
                              Nice start on hogs

Comment

Also in on this one, very interesting what some green screen members come up with!

Comment

Working...
                                X