No announcement yet.

Anybody else bummed out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not that I cannot get in that is a non issue . Its been POURING rain nothing is moving a few pigs thats about it . The game is hunkered down and waiting it out . Friday will be a good day to hunt for sure

Comment

I spoke to our place in Schliecher County, Fort McKavett this morning and it started raining there about 3:00 and is expected to receive about 2" of rain today. With the amount of rain we have had the low water crossing will fill up again. They might go down by Friday it all depends on the rain today, quantity and how fast it rains....

Comment

I'm right there with you. Either the weather, the family, or work has killed my entire archery season.

Will still hunt with a stick and string, but good grief, I need a break and a day to just go.

I got my fingers crossed for Saturday. Weather looks ok, and family has been put on notice. And a lot of prayer involved that nothing blows up at work.

Comment

My brother sent me this yesterday....that’s the county road out in front of their gate in Mason

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
            My brother sent me this yesterday....that’s the county road out in front of their gate in Mason

Holy chit!!!!

Comment

I can get to my place, but unless the deer are wearing life jackets or want to slosh through the knee deep water there is no action there. I'm hoping that this past 4 days of no rain has helped to get the water running off, but we have 100% chance of rain today. What I'm really bummed about is that for the first time I decided to put in a food plot and worked hard on it for 2 whole days and now I'm sure all the plants have drowned. I'll go out this weekend to see if the water has receded enough to throw out some more seed but will be too muddy to drag.

Comment

I am right there with you brother. Haven't been able to hunt our Brady lease in two weeks and now we have rain the forecast again.

Comment

Gonna be a hot minute before they get into their place!! Wow!

Comment

Moose--any idea who to talk to at the county to find out which county roads are passable and which are not? I"m sure they have gotten out to blade some areas already but where?

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
                      Moose--any idea who to talk to at the county to find out which county roads are passable and which are not? I"m sure they have gotten out to blade some areas already but where?
                      Unfortunately I don't, not sure how familiar you are with the area but that's Simmonsville Rd.......so I guess you can add it to the list of not passable

Comment

I think it is flooding in Houston and the surrounding area at this very moment. This weather has been crazy.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't, not sure how familiar you are with the area but that's Simmonsville Rd.......so I guess you can add it to the list of not passable
                          I saw that on Facebook the other day! Crazy that it did that to a county road, just imagine the ranch roads!! One of my buddies has been working for a wrecker in Mason, he said it has been solid pulling people out. Most of them have been stuck in the middle of county roads in 4x4 trucks.

Comment

Deer hunting doesn't have me bummed out.

The wet dove season and lack of any actual dove hunts has had me stir crazy.

Tears in my beers over that.

Comment

Working...
                            X