What's the point....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the point....

Why pay for health insurance. Such a rip off. Wife had a medical scare a couple wks ago. Insurance covered 70% of $15k test but they required we pay another certain % up front for the test to be taken. We dropped the cash and went on to find out nothing. Last week was her only good week out of the last 6 wks. Now she is in the ER with major pain and still no freaking clue what's wrong. They just came into the room and said they were going to run the same dang test they did 2 wks ago which is another $$$$ out of pocket. I'm so sick of this. Wife is in pain, I work my butt off providing for her and our 3 kiddos. We pay for health insurance and yet still get raped when something happens. Yet I know some people that sit on their tail end at home 24/7 because they choose to do so and don't have to pay anything for medical emergencies.

Could use some prayers if you have a moment.

Yep, insurance is really only for catastrophic injury these days, and even thing only for so much. Regardless, the insurance companies are gonna do everything they can get away with to keep from having to pay up.

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers 86

Comment

Prayers up for your wife and family Jason. I agree with you on the insurance thing 100%. They bend us over everytime we use it and they bend us over every 2 weeks when it comes out of our paycheck!

Comment

Prayers sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for yall Stay positive. What is your max out of pocket? You have to be getting close. then the rest of the year will (or should) be covered.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your wife. Hopefully they will find something wrong and be able to fix her.

That being said, I don't think I would pay the same people to do the same test when they failed to find a problem with last time. Take her somewhere else.

Comment

Praying for your wife, you, and the family, brother! Praying that SOMEBODY figures out what is wrong with her. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Just think if you were a welfare recipient or an illegal you could.get the exact same treatment and test for 0 out of pocket.

Life ain't fair that's for sure.
                  Prayers up

Comment

Thanks all. Trying to stay positive.

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Sorry to hear about your wife. Hopefully they will find something wrong and be able to fix her.

That being said, I don't think I would pay the same people to do the same test when they failed to find a problem with last time. Take her somewhere else.
                    She has been to 2 different doctors. First time in the ER in Athens. Other doctors are in Tyler.

Comment

Praying for you and your wife. Insurance sucks until you really need it, then sometimes it sucks again. You always want to believe that those guys are on your side, but nope. They are only on the side of making money.

I really hope the docs can figure out what’s going on. Not knowing is hard...

Comment

What with all the hurricanes, flooding and fires nationwide, it’s probably going to get worse, not better. We pay for what happens to everybody. You are right, it sucks. Prayers for you.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

What's the point....

Yep. I know some that have said they didn’t have insurance and negotiated the price. Ended paying less than they would have using their insurance. Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try Medishare, or just negotiate a cash payment option.

And I certainly would not run the exact same test. That's idiotic.

At the end of the day, the problem is with your doctors and their inability to solve the problem (******* there). It isn't with the insurance company. You have misplaced anger and blame.

Prayers sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X