Dewberries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dewberries

I'll be heading over to one of my spots to pick some after work today. I plan on making dewberrie Panna cotta over the weekend. The wife who is a lot better at picking them won't go with me anymore as she somehow manages to get into poison ivy every time...lol Here is link to the recipe ill be following.

A recipe for a blackberry panna cotta, where you steep blackberries in the cream for the dessert. This recipe also works with raspberries.
    Attached Files

Well shoot. Now I'm gonna have to go find me some dewberries. That recipe looks good.

Comment

We’ve been picking last couple of evenings, not hard at it but enough we filled a half gallon coffee can up. Even got an official theme song

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watch for snakes!

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
          Watch for snakes!

That’s what the sticks in hand and the A391 extrema in the ranger is for!

Comment

Wow, mine are still tiny and green

Comment

Love me some dewberrie
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow it seems really early. I guess I will have to go check on them at the lease.

Comment

Lots of ripe ones in Brazoria co...

Comment

Since coming to Houston I have not found enough bewberries to start to make a cobbler.

Comment

Ours are not ripe yet need another week or so. Love that homemade dewberry cobbler with homemade vanilla blue bell. Yum yum

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                        Since coming to Houston I have not found enough bewberries to start to make a cobbler.

It can be tough but I’ve seen some pretty good patches along the highways in Brazoria County going towards freeport.

Ours is 50/50 ripe/green. I expect by next weekend we’ll be sick of picking them, but it also means I gotta step up my fence replacing game if I got that many dewberries [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I picked a few cups worth on Friday for the panna cotta and the wife and I went back yesterday and picked 2 gallons in about an hour. The panna cotta turned to be really good! This was the first time trying or making panna cotta so i didnt know what to expect. It tasted like a creamy berry flavored pudding but creamier and slightly tart. It was good but it didn't compare the cobbler my wife made! Ill post up the recipe she used in another post.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                            Best way to find spots is to look for all white flowers that bloom in mid March. Like Russ81 said you can spot them usually on the side of the road while driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                              We’ve been picking last couple of evenings, not hard at it but enough we filled a half gallon coffee can up. Even got an official theme song

Thats awesome! I will be taking my little one this weekend. She loves to pick them!.

Comment

Working...
                              X