No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weather and turkeys didn't act right this weekend for us. Still had a good time. Found some good sheds. Had crawfish and fried crappie Saturday afternoon. Banana pudding for dessert! 😊

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CMS View Post

The weather and turkeys didn't act right this weekend for us. Still had a good time. Found some good sheds. Had crawfish and fried crappie Saturday afternoon. Banana pudding for dessert! 😊

Niiice!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          1.6" of rain before we left early this am. Ruined a day of turkey hunting but we each got one so I'm happy for teh ranch and the deer. 7.3 diesel, AT tires and muddy roads made for a pretty western trip out to the main gate. But we're home now.

Pretty good weekend for the lease. 4 gobblers, 5 coons, 4 racks of ribs and some good libations killed.....and and some post deer season sleep patterns..

And mine

Great looking birds! Y'all did a really good job on the picture's!

Comment

Originally posted by Hookem84 View Post
            me and my dad had kind of a hard time getting turkeys to answer this weekend. We did have one come in to our decoys and calls(my dad missed him).

In llano county it seemed easier to get toms to at least answer our calls.

Does Anyone have any tips or suggestions? Not really wanting to set up on a feeder. We're in the water valley area.
            Turkey in heat scent sprayed on the decoys usually works well.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              Turkey in heat scent sprayed on the decoys usually works well.

Comment

^

Where can I find some, it's prob right next to the unicorn in rut spray or the jackelope decoys!

Comment

I usually put a little under my armpits and on my mustache/goatee to really scent the area. Pulls them right in.

Comment

So that's how you roll.....

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      So that's how you roll.....
                      Dedicated

Comment

The word that came to my mind was more like.....beastiality...

Comment

Had a great time at the new lease this weekend! picked out a spot where I will be putting up stand and feeders this coming weekend. Was able to knock down 2 Toms as well! All in all was a great trip until the rain storm brought a leak in my RV's roof to my attention while trying to sleep!
                          Last edited by GarrettRob17; 04-03-2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

me and ESP had a good opening morning
                            Last edited by chillymac; 02-05-2018, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Few Pictures from this weekend

[ATTACH]848957[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]848958[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]848959[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]848960[/ATTACH]
                              Last edited by GarrettRob17; 04-10-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Nice birds and sheds!🖒Very cool looking fire pit too! Looks like a good place to have a cold beer!😊
                                Last edited by CMS; 04-03-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X