Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, sounds good

Comment

Some folks are predators, others scavengers.

I like prime cuts, Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
        Some folks are predators, others scavengers.

I like prime cuts, Merry Christmas!
        LMAO, I'm not gonna totally knock it because I have never actually tried it. I have been in several houses when it was cooking and it stank and turned my stomach. I can't say that I have a burning desire to try it. To each his own. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Merry Christmas y'all

Mom and sisters made tamales today. Menudo will be for tomorrow! Mmmmm mmm

Comment

Originally posted by txarrows View Post
            As I promised

You forgot the before pic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              Cheengow vatos , I’m getting hungry wey.
              LMAO.....I'm right there with you brother!

Comment

Mikey will eat (almost) anything

Comment

Love it but my wife wont eat anything that is waving at her in her bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                    Love me some Menudo
                    I haven't had a good bowl of Menudo in a long time. Used to be an annual tradition growing up. My Dad was the one who would make it, and it would take 2 weeks for the smell to get out of the house......but that taste though.....

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                      I haven't had a good bowl of Menudo in a long time. Used to be an annual tradition growing up. My Dad was the one who would make it, and it would take 2 weeks for the smell to get out of the house......but that taste though.....
                      I have sent my wife into culture shock when we married (she is "white"). I grew up eating things she only imagined, Menudo being one.

I use to make it with the tripas right out of the bag. Huge, slimy slithers of guts. Wife did not go for that and gave me a few choice words.

In the last 25 yrs or so I have mastered it. I cut the tripe into small pieces. It is time consuming but worth it. I boil my own chile colorado, strain it, and put a bag of Fiesta Menudo mix. Place with hominey and all the above in a large crock pot.

Usually goes in at 9 PM the night before and ready for lunch the next day. We have limes, lemons, red pepper flakes, crackers and bolillos bread.

Fine intestine eating!!!! They love it.

Comment

Btw, honeycomb tripe is the way to go. Looks like that is what the OP used in his.

Comment

Btw, honeycomb tripe is the way to go. Looks like that is what the OP used in his.
                          Yes, tripas must be cut thin. Honeycomb tripas don’t get as slimy either.

I remember when I was a little kid my great grandpa telling us about sumbitch stew. It was basically anything inside a calf that was cooked with taters and hominy.
                          Last edited by Radar; 12-25-2017, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Love the honeycomb tripe it’s the best especially if you add some pig feet

Comment

I'm going to stick with prime rib. That pile of stuff that y'all are cutting up looks disgusting. Best of luck with it. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by BigCntry View Post
                                I'm going to stick with prime rib. That pile of stuff that y'all are cutting up looks disgusting. Best of luck with it. Merry Christmas!

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X