No announcement yet.

Chaparral Archery Dec 5 - 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love those photos from the game camera before the shot.

Congrats again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
      What was the final tally? A couple of doe and 1 buck?
      I'm not sure how many does, but I am sure there were 2 additional bucks harvested. An 8 and a 9.

My partners had a doe and an 8pt hit but not recovered. No blood, no arrow. Sucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
          Good bucks?
          Both scored 110 per the biologist.

3.5 and a 5.5yr old

Comment

Rifle Hunt began today I believe. Contemplated going for stand by

Are any TBH'ers hunting this rifle hunt?

Curious to know the count on Stand by hunters present and how many cards? Odds?

Would love to follow along!

Comment

Chap staff informed me a gross 170", 147" and 145 " respectively, 15pt, 10pt and 8 pt have already been harvested.

:-0

I'm anxious to see some photos!

Comment

i guess no TBHrs there for this one

Comment

I believe Encinal is down there.

Comment

Wow!!!

Gonna have to check their FB page next week for pics!

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                      You can't get lucky if you're not out there trying.

My "golden horseshoe" may have some part but how many successes do you need to see before you recognise a pattern?

Part of being an experienced good bow hunter is knowing how and when to create your own luck...

Can't get out there if not drawn, thats luck, tons of us now have over ten preference points in multiple categories, odds are awful. And yes you can try standby but thats a pipe dream at best on chap since they only allot one card, plus the standbys get the leftovers on compartments which are usually the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        Can't get out there if not drawn, thats luck, tons of us now have over ten preference points in multiple categories, odds are awful. And yes you can try standby but thats a pipe dream at best on chap since they only allot one card, plus the standbys get the leftovers on compartments which are usually the worst.
                        Of course, the odds of getting drawn for the Chap is rare. Tell everyone here something they don't know.

I was directly pointing out that many (almost half) the hunters moved their name cards over to "FINISHED HUNTING" half way through hunt period. I referred to it as "weak" because most did not even attempt to hunt the "snow day" and many left. That's what appalled me. It's the MF'ing Chaparral!! Demons and devils in the woods aren't going to run me off early!

Comment

Great help and report. Will be there in January for archery hunt. What Compartment were u in and do you have any tips? I’m taking tripod, pop up and a seat that attaches to the base of a tree. I’ll hunt my butt off. No breaks first one at the gate last one to leave. I am determined. I am bringing corn, chaff hay and protein. Hope I can get some luck to call me my way.

Thanks for the great write up.

Comment

Originally posted by aggee1992 View Post
                            Great help and report. Will be there in January for archery hunt. What Compartment were u in and do you have any tips? I’m taking tripod, pop up and a seat that attaches to the base of a tree. I’ll hunt my butt off. No breaks first one at the gate last one to leave. I am determined. I am bringing corn, chaff hay and protein. Hope I can get some luck to call me my way.

Thanks for the great write up.
                            Your going to have to beat me to the gate, wander if they’ll still be rutting?

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                              You can't get lucky if you're not out there trying.

My "golden horseshoe" may have some part but how many successes do you need to see before you recognise a pattern?

Part of being an experienced good bow hunter is knowing how and when to create your own luck...

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                                Well Hello, Hater Lone_Wolf!

So late of you to join! [emoji16]

My high horse has a name and his name is Judgement. How ironic!? [emoji23]

Until you meet Judgement and I, you must hit the follow button! Follow me! Each time you **** on a thread detailing any of my successes, Judgement will be there to meet you....and **** on you. [emoji6]

Is there anything else you'd like to add? [emoji41]

Comment

Working...
                                X