Roasted Salsa Verde'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roasted Salsa Verde'

Always get rave reviews and requests for my recipe so i thought I'd share it here and let those who will, give me a review

Ingredients
    10 medium size fresh tomatillo's
    2 jalapeno's
    2 serrano's
    Cilantro
    2 cloves Fresh garlic
    Sea salt
    Black pepper
    Cumin

Slice tomatillos in half
    Slice serranos & jalapeno's in half. Remove seeds from 1 jalapeno and 1 serrano, leave seeds in the other 2 peppers.
    Peel garlic cloves until all outer "shell" covering is gone and you are left with bare garlic cloves.
    Roast peppers. Garlic, tomatillo's until they just start to burn and about 1/2 the moisture is cooked out of them.
    I use my Blackstone griddle but a grill, pit, smoker.....even an oven will work.
    Place all roasted ingredients into a blender and add 2-3 sprigs of fresh Cilantro and approx. 1 teaspoon each of sea salt, coarse ground black pepper, and ground cumin.
    Puree' until your desired consistency is reached.

Grab a bag of tortilla chips and a cold Sol beer then enjoy

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I literally just got back from lunch and this post makes me hungry!!!!

Comment

Wish me luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Iā€™m going to do this tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Home made smoke salsa is killer! I love making it and my family loves eating it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
            Wish me luck

Looks like you are on the right path. Hope you enjoy

Comment

Dude. That was great. Too spicy for the girls so I was stuck eating most of the bowl. Good stuff!

Comment

That looks good, I am going to try it. There was another roasted salsa recipe on here a while back I tried, and we just couldn't eat it. Not that it was bad , just not what we prefer. I've never tried the tomatillos though, so I will give a go.

Comment

I have made this twice, excellent recipe. I cold smoked my tomatillos both times but when I blackened them with my torch I think it burned the flavor off. So the second time I cold smoked everything but the cilantro with mesquite for about 3.5 hours and then only blackened the jalapeƱos (I didn't have Serranos). Easily the best hot sauce I've ever made and I typically do not like tomatillo flavor at all.

Comment

Excellent recipe. I had to thin mine a LITTLE with water, but excellent.

Also, it makes an an OUTSTANDING marinade for chicken. OUTSTANDING.

Comment

Try adding a little chicken boullion powder when it goes in the blender. Making a batch this morning for the game tomorrow.

Comment

Getting it done early

Headed to the grill
                        Attached Files

Comment

awesome!!!

Comment

Yum.....:0)

Comment

to make the green sauce from the restaurants just blend all the ingredients raw plus avocado...

Comment

Working...
                              X