Tore my right bicep today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes

Kidding man I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Comment

Need to modify my original comment, if your young and still in the work force, I'd get it taken care of. Mine has gotten some what better as time passes, but it still hurts when I do certain things. I don't think it will ever be totally o.k. again. I still have good strength to do most things, others hurt like the dickens. I'm 73 so live with it. If I was 50, I would probably getting surgery.

Comment

Tore my right bicep today

That does not look like you have a complete tear. I doubt seriously surgery will be recommended. You will need to be very careful with what you do with that arm for a while so you don't tear it worse. Definitely get your docs opinion. I'm pretty sure you just have some healing to do.

So now tell us what the accident was?

Chootum!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
          That does not look like you have a complete tear. I doubt seriously surgery will be recommended. You will need to be very careful with what you do with that arm for a while so you don't tear it worse. Definitely get your docs opinion. I'm pretty sure you just have some healing to do.

So now tell us what the accident was?

Chootum!

Long story short i fell off my tractor and the force of me catching myself with my right hand caused this. I'm only 32, so yes I want to fix it right. Not only do I hunt but I shoot 3D religiously. So I want my strength back as much as I can get it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

That doesn't look to bad, but you want know till they look. Mine was black from under my arm pit to the tip of my thumb, I have pic on my other phone will post it if I can remember to.
            You will need to follow the docs routine for getting your strength back, they started me back by curling a bag of beans and worked up from there. It still bothers me to this day at times specially when trying tighten something with a screw driver or opening a jar. Took sometime to get back into shooting my bow hurt like heck first time pulling my bow back. I got some of the work out rubber bands to help get my strength built up. TAKE IT SLOW don't push it.

Comment

I partially tore my left bicep last summer trying to armstrong a trailer on to a ball hitch by myself. Heard it tearing and the arm just gave out. It was sore as heck for a few days with some discoloration and the bicep on that arm looks noticeably different than the right arm. I still had full motion of the arm and since I was 57 I opted not to go to a doctor or have surgery. I do not have as much strength as I used to in that arm (probably 75 - 80%) of what I used to but otherwise it is fine with no restrictions. I can still pull my bow fine since I am right handed.

Comment

Prayers up for you... I would follow what the doctor tells you to do. At 44, I tore up my shoulder and was told it might heal without surgery to a point I would be able to do just about everything. There was a small possibility I would need surgery if the healing did not go as anticipated. Additionally, I was questioned about my activity levels and told that if I wanted to have my shoulder as close to 100% that it would require surgery. 17 months after surgery I am as close to 100% as I could have wished for. Most important part to remember is that your future health is just as critical if not more important than your health is now.

Comment

I tore my left bicep about 20 years ago. Decided not to have surgery as I'm right handed. It has never been an issue aside from the funky look.

Recently dislocated my right shoulder and tore the bicep and tricep but not too bad. Being 59 now I'm not doing anything for that either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tore mine as well....sux

Comment

Here's pic from today

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

I tore my bicep and two tendons. Had surgey in July and was bowhunting 2nd week of Nov in Kansas. Rehab is key.

Comment

It will probably get worse looking over the next few days.

Comment

Snapped my bicep tendon in the shoulder and the muscle wadded up near my elbow. Felt like a rubber band break. I was told it needed to be repaired within 10 days or surgery might not work(more difficult to pull the muscle and tendon back into place).

Mine was done with keyhole surgery......hole drilled in the bone and tendon wired in place.

Comment

I've torn my bicep as well, plus a partial tendon tear. Never had surgery and I'm sure it will effect me the rest of my life. I had a flesh wound to go with it so the scar tissue is plentiful.

Comment

Rub a little dirt on it and you will be fine

Comment

Working...
                                X