Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DFWarcher View Post
    as far as I'm concerned crossbow is not archery equipment
    Well It is for folks that are handicapped !!!!!

Comment

I will be out their opening weekend. Going get a couple guys new to bow hunting started. Let me know if you are going. Can exchange info. I will be hunting grapevine the rest of the year unless I see a huge deer.

Comment

Had a lot of good times there in high school! Never involved hunting though.

Comment

Quick question. I have an area i would like to check out, but the gate is locked. Can I still acess this area? i would have to go over the gate or fence. Don't want to get into any trouble. Thanks.

Comment

If its the gate off the first road coming from south that goes to campgrounds, yes. Check the map with google earth. Also, stop by and talk to Robyn at the big caretakers office. He is a good guy and will give you the rundown on rules. Find the burr oaks and don't move. Good luck !

Comment

Anybody had any luck this year yet?

Comment

is this the unit North West of Telephone, TX. if it is, it is not listed in the Anual Public Hunting Book, and i cant find anything in reference to this area. Correct me if im worng

Thanks

Comment

Fannin Unit requires only a state hunting license. Hogs can be taken year round.
                  Archery only for hogs and deer. Fannin County rules apply. Unit 35 around the lakes and the old CCC lodge and cabins is closed to hunting.

The lodge and campgrounds are operated under a concession permit and can be rented very reasonably.

Rules and regs.

Comment

sounds like a plan

Comment

I have been reading this thread and new to public hunting. this forum is great. Where can you get a map of the area? Also what are the thoughts on ground blinds for the location.

Comment

Originally posted by bttgraham View Post
                        I have been reading this thread and new to public hunting. this forum is great. Where can you get a map of the area? Also what are the thoughts on ground blinds for the location.

Call Chris Flippo at 903 378-2103. Leave a message if he's not in. He will call you back.

Comment

Thank You much. I plan on a trip next weekend for 3 or 4 days. I hope the weather gets cooler though.

Comment

Anyone going to Fannin this weekend.

Comment

went and scouted saturdayat gate 38, plenty of poop no recent activity of deer checked nearby ponds , freshest print i saw there was 3 days old, no scrapes no rubs and i checked for miles in a grid pattern, my opinion is the deer are up near the gates by camp areas, its reallly thick cover in the bottoms, to thick, i dont think the deer will be in there lol no fast escape route for them, but i have been wrong before. one sighting though tbh flame orange giant in a tree, named hmm better not say that ,,, but nice to meet ya hope ya got one. i almost forgot i was hunting and enjoyed the beauty of this place enjoyed ever minute of it. keep us posted ppl i wanna know whats in there , not where.

Comment

it was good to meet you also explorer1. I ended up only seeing a couple of yotes. I found some good places with plenty of deer sign. The last couple of days is was there it was so hot that the mesquitos were eating me alive. I may be going the day after Thanksgiving for a few days and then again the 1st of Dec. I am glad it is finally cooling off though. Has anybody been seeing any deer. And if so what units. I have a few spots GPS'd and ready when i return.

Comment

Working...
                                X