Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to come hunt pigs....for free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good deal , put me down with staplehawk then, much appreciated

Comment

OK Chris, I have you down. I have jvswan interested in coming the end of August but hasn't confirmed a date. Due to my recent shoulder surgery it looks like I will be missing my first bow season in over 30 years but out of respect for my lease members I am making Labor Day weekend the last opportunity for someone to come out.

Comment

Just a reminder, if someone has time off during the week it increases the opportunities.

Comment

Thanks again, Russ! We’re excited to get out there!

This will be our first time hunting. What should we bring? Should we bring a portable blind or are there some set up? Do you have a preference for they type of corn? We’ll bring a bunch to leave with you.

Another newbie question... when you take a shot, do you shoot them right below the feeder? Or do you wait until one is away from the feeder to take the shot?

Comment

There are blinds already set up. The corn you buy at Academy is fine. Shoot them wherever you see them.

Comment

Comment

Well, I must have some magical, bullet-proof pigs. Couple more guys gave it a go yesterday afternoon thru middle of the morning today and another miss. But at least I am getting good reports on the turkeys. Next weekend will go at it again.

Comment

This sounds fun. I've ran all the pigs off around my house. I've seen 2 in a year

Comment

Mighty fine of ya to offer this Russ!

If ya have any lease openings in a year, let me know. I'd just as soon kill pigs as I would deer. In fact, a pig lease would be just fine.

Comment

Well I’m starting to feel a litrle bit better about my luck out there. Good luck to everyone on the list!

Comment

Texas Grown, figure out a way to make yourself a reminder to get with me about March. I always seem to have an opening or two every year- when you're over four leases there always seems to be openings. Don't count on me to remember but I will try....I am old and the memory isn't what it used to be...

Comment

I know what ya mean with the memory and all. Isn't spring about the time the chickens hatch? I forget.

What's nice about be-n older and forget-n stuff is: you get to experience every thing all over again, for the first time again.

Comment

I’m out for 2nd weekend if someone wants it. Plans have changed with kids before school. Thanks

Comment

Bringing this back up- had a last minute cancellation for this weekend. Looks like life got in the way for Staplehawk. I have reached out to Jayt22 since he didn't have the best chance last weekend to return if he can- since I have had my arm in a sling not only can I not drive the Ranger, but I can't fill feeders and two of the feeders that he could hunt were empty. I had my brother, who is down visiting our mom, go with me yesterday and put some corn in the feeders so they should be back in action now. So, bottom line, if someone wants to come and give them a shot this weekend let me know.

Comment

Id mentioned something about this weekend but found some quick and easy money to make so we're out.

Comment

Working...
                                X