Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to come hunt pigs....for free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone wants to spend the weekend chasing them or just come for the day it will be up to whoever comes. Like I said, it would be primative accomodations unless you want to stay in Nacogdoches.

Comment

I'm hip deep in pigs as well. Looks like we are neighbors. Shoot me a PM if you want and I'll treat you to a lunch.

Comment

Why don't you find some East Texas boys to trap them. Shooting will scatter them and they will disappear and be back in a month or so..

Comment

Pm inbound

Comment

OK, let me be clear about one thing. I know perfectly well that this is not the best and most efficient solution to my problem and don't expect the problem to go away permanently this way. But I am not willing to give the keys to my lease to someone I don't know to continually check hog traps. Besides, I have hogs and there are lots of folks that would like to hunt them, like MetalMan 2004. This young man doesn't have a lease and has been hunting public land and would like a different opportunity. Unfortunately the score is Hogs 1- Hunters 0. The feeder where they had been coming regularly during the day was empty so they may have moved somewhere else short term. Got the feeder filled back up and corn scattered in a couple of places but nothing came in for him. I have found in the past that if you shoot a few pigs off a feeder they will stay away for awhile and that is all I can hope for. Starting the weekend of the 21st there are TBHers coming every weekend thru the middle of August. Myself, or them, will keep everyone posted on how it goes. I had one of my members see what I was posting and said that we can hunt his feeder also so that gives four spots to hunt. I will check his feeder and make sure it has corn in it.

Comment

Wow great gesture.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                OK, let me be clear about one thing. I know perfectly well that this is not the best and most efficient solution to my problem and don't expect the problem to go away permanently this way. But I am not willing to give the keys to my lease to someone I don't know to continually check hog traps. Besides, I have hogs and there are lots of folks that would like to hunt them, like MetalMan 2004. This young man doesn't have a lease and has been hunting public land and would like a different opportunity. Unfortunately the score is Hogs 1- Hunters 0. The feeder where they had been coming regularly during the day was empty so they may have moved somewhere else short term. Got the feeder filled back up and corn scattered in a couple of places but nothing came in for him. I have found in the past that if you shoot a few pigs off a feeder they will stay away for awhile and that is all I can hope for. Starting the weekend of the 21st there are TBHers coming every weekend thru the middle of August. Myself, or them, will keep everyone posted on how it goes. I had one of my members see what I was posting and said that we can hunt his feeder also so that gives four spots to hunt. I will check his feeder and make sure it has corn in it.
                Thanks again Russ for being so hospitable. If I had been able to stay until dark no doubt I would have been leaving with some meat. The day was just a bit too hot for them. Setup is great and its a nice piece of property for sure. Sometimes the generousity of people on this forum amazes me.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post

I wish you luck. I’m sure this thread has caused a headache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was out on public land yesterday and covered about 3 miles in places I always see hogs.... I didn't see the first one. A friend of mine was out friday morning and same thing. Idk what happened to the moment but seems like deer and hogs just quit moving. Hopefully they will be back moving next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                      Why don't you find some East Texas boys to trap them. Shooting will scatter them and they will disappear and be back in a 30 seconds or so..
                      FIFY

My buddy hunted near Russ' house and ran out of arrows He killed 4 that we found and 2 or 3 got away.

And out there they seemed to flood the woods right near dark. Some great eating sows. I got one right at 200# and it was really good.

Comment

We are covered up as well with them. It’s almost like the sows had a bumper crop this year.

Comment

You're a good man Russ.

I hope you heal well and fully.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	24546119

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	24546120

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	24546121

Name:	IMG_0019.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	24546122

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	24546123

Name:	IMG_0079.jpg
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	24546124

Name:	IMG_0131.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	24546125

Name:	IMG_0186.jpg
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	24546126

Name:	IMG_0222.jpg
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	24546127

Name:	IMG_0240.jpg
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	24546128Thought I would post some target pictures. Like everyone I have them of all sizes and colors. Hopefully some of the TBHers that are lined up to come will take some of these out. MetalMan, I hate to tell you this, but while you sat at the one feeder and seeing nothing I had them at the other feeder just about 200 yards thru the woods. The day I was out there and mowing around that feeder there were pigs at it 15 minutes after a picture of me on my tractor mowing.

Comment

I’m in livingston and would love to help.

Comment

HA, I’m not gonna lie, that stings a bit. For whatever reason God did not feel like I was worthy of the pork last weekend. Hope someone else gets some good shots at them!

Comment

Working...
                                X