Wanting to buy a new TV, suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starman View Post
    I just bought a 55” 4K from Frys off of West Road and I45 for $279. It’s a store brand-Atyme, but I don’t care. The picture is great. Not a smart tv, but we use a Chromecast with it.

If you sign up with Frys, you get an email with a promo code every day that gets you better pricing on selected items.

Here was the promo code 65” TV that was offered today.
    Thanks for the tip!

I was looking at Frys as a potential purchase location -- if the brand I choose to go with is carried there then it's def at the top of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      TCL 6 series (65”) is the real deal and best bang for your buck - $999 advertised price

Problem is finding one due to the extremely high demand

https://www.cnet.com/products/tcl-6-...tv/first-take/
      Blake -

Do you like the Roku TV? I have never had any experience with it and don't know how it would add or take away from the TV itself, mind sharing a little?

-Jake

Comment

Believe it or not...Nebraska Furnture Mart has a good selection and knowledgeable sales staff. We bought our last one at a good price and a great TV...All I remember is it is black, though...We were looking at another TV and the salesman helped us find a better brand and even a cheaper price.

Comment

Vizio speakers are in the back and won't get real loud. I didn't buy another one this time due to that.

I bought a 55" LG smart tv 4K for my bedroom recently, and the only issues is it'll lose network connectivity sometimes and you have to unplug and plug back in to get it to work again.

Comment

LG gets my business. 65" in living room, 55" in Bedroom

Comment

I haven't gone back to look, but research the picture quality in dark screen. I bought a Samsung and it is TERRIBLE if something is filmed with a dark screen/background. It could be me and the 1000 different settings, but it is an issue that I will look into next round.

Comment

Costco will take just about anything back. We get our electronics from there. Pretty good selection.

Comment

Wal-mart

Comment

I have a sony 55 and a samsung curve 65 (equal series) and will only go with sony from this point forward because of quality and features

Comment

I like Samsung and Sony, if you buy at Best Buy look at what competitor prices they will match. I found my Sony on the dell website for like 200$ cheaper and they honored it since it was on there list of companies they will match.

Comment

I'm going the "refurbished" route next time. I bought a couple refurb'd computer monitors and other office equipment from these guys and have zero complaints. Plus I paid less than half price for my stuff. Paypal guarantee in addition to some sort of warranty usually.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                          Blake -

Do you like the Roku TV? I have never had any experience with it and don't know how it would add or take away from the TV itself, mind sharing a little?

-Jake
                          Roku has been around for over a decade and is a streaming device that allows you to watch millions of tv shows, sporting events, movies, Pandora music, etc... through high speed internet. Instead of relying on cable, DirectTV, or DISH, Roku allows you to access anything you can imagine. Comparable streaming products are Apple TV, PS Vue, and the Amazon FireStick.

Want to watch the 1968 World Series, or a documentary on King Henry VIII .... you will be able to search, find, and watch it. Huge fan of Seinfeld, The Big Bang Theory, The Three Stooges, Sesame Street , Beverly Hills 90210, or the Sopranos ? You can watch every episode in it's entirety commercial free.

I have a Roku stick (USB) that allows me to bring it wherever I travel and stream the Roku channels along with Hulu, and Netflix. My wife and daughter each have a Roku device and that's all they use to stream tv shows. The external devices run $20 - $40 ; however since most TV's now have Roku built in, yours is essentially free. All you have to do is decide on what online services you want (Hulu $12/mo., Netflix $11/mo., YouTube TV, etc..) and you're good to go.

Hope that answers a few of your questions as streaming is definitely the present and future. Cox Cable and Direct TV are both losing accounts daily, and have now entered the streaming market to keep customers from switching to a more affordable option.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                            I'm going the "refurbished" route next time. I bought a couple refurb'd computer monitors and other office equipment from these guys and have zero complaints. Plus I paid less than half price for my stuff. Paypal guarantee in addition to some sort of warranty usually.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/TVs/11071/m...outlet&_sop=16
                            Correction, I bought my stuff from the ebay store "refurbforless" not "vipoutlet". My mistake

Comment

Best Buy usually has good prices. As far as a Roku TV it's like having a Mercedes when you only need a Chevy. I have one and don't use any of the extra bs that comes with it.

Comment

Crazy how far prices have come down. I just looked into this - looks like i'll have to upgrade my Firestick and my netflix plan, but man those 4K tvs look awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X