Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't have to identify yourself anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
    What are thoughts on this?
    If PD asks you to identify yourself here in the US, you can tell them to "..ck off and go away"?
    Just curious?
    Depends on the situation. If a cop randomly walks up to me and asks for ID, I'm going to politely decline. There is no reason we should be required to do that and it is frightening that people think that is acceptable behavior by law enforcement. If I get pulled over or am otherwise detained, then obviously i'll show my ID.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
      VHERE ARE YOUR PayyyPERS!
      If you are not suspected of a crime and not being detained. There is no reason for you to have to produce ID.
      X2

One should not have to provide ID to LEO if they are not being detained or suspected of a crime and/or caught in the act of breaking the law.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tony Pic;13375310]VHERE ARE YOUR PayyyPERS!
        If you are not suspected of a crime and not being detained. There is no reason for you to have to produce ID.[/QUOTE
        What if this individual is videoing federal property. What is his intent?
        Is this a National Security threat?

Comment

Years ago, you could be arrested for not identifying yourself.
          What happened to that, California Law?
          If you were minding your own business, not breaking any laws, and declined to provide ID when requested? Why should you be arrested for that?

Comment

Hmmmm, interesting responses.

Comment

8 pages

Comment

I think if you cooperate it will go a lot better and faster.
                they have a job to do too; they might be looking for someone that fits your profile

Comment

Never argue with a person that wears a gun for a living...

I am always polite and courteous and receive like treatment.

My family and I back the BLUE!

Comment

Don't sign a ticket and see where that get you. You signing is not omission of guilt it is a promise to appear before a magistrate on or before said date. If you don't sign or fail to id get ready to wear some metal bracelets.

Sec. 38.02. FAILURE TO IDENTIFY. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally refuses to give his name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has lawfully arrested the person and requested the information.

(b) A person commits an offense if he intentionally gives a false or fictitious name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has:

(1) lawfully arrested the person;

(2) lawfully detained the person; or

(3) requested the information from a person that the peace officer has good cause to believe is a witness to a criminal offense.

(c) Except as provided by Subsections (d) and (e), an offense under this section is:

(1) a Class C misdemeanor if the offense is committed under Subsection (a); or

(2) a Class B misdemeanor if the offense is committed under Subsection (b).

(d) If it is shown on the trial of an offense under this section that the defendant was a fugitive from justice at the time of the offense, the offense is:

(1) a Class B misdemeanor if the offense is committed under Subsection (a); or

(2) a Class A misdemeanor if the offense is committed under Subsection (b).

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                      Never argue with a person that wears a gun for a living...

I am always polite and courteous and receive like treatment.

My family and I back the BLUE!
                      Me too sir, but my brethren have been hit hard by the lack of support from the top.
                      Can someone start posting links to the website that I gave.
                      This little pos pretty much owns and walks on our PD
                      Last edited by bukkskin; 05-15-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Nothing new here. If you are under legal detention then you are required by law to identify yourself. On casual contact you have no requirement now, yesterday, or 10 years ago.

Comment

How's LE gonna write up a citation when he has been ordered to f off & go away?? He has no 411 to scribble down??

This info isn't really helping the direction we want to take the thread.

Originally posted by hunter1313 View Post
                          Don't sign a ticket and see where that get you. You signing is not omission of guilt it is a promise to appear before a magistrate on or before said date. If you don't sign or fail to id get ready to wear some metal bracelets.

Sec. 38.02. FAILURE TO IDENTIFY. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally refuses to give his name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has lawfully arrested the person and requested the information.

(b) A person commits an offense if he intentionally gives a false or fictitious name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has:

(3) requested the information from a person that the peace officer has good cause to believe is a witness to a criminal offense.

(c) Except as provided by Subsections (d) and (e), an offense under this section is:

(d) If it is shown on the trial of an offense under this section that the defendant was a fugitive from justice at the time of the offense, the offense is:

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1313 View Post

Glad you bet me to it and did not have to look it up in the penal code. I've been out of Law Enforcement for many years but "failure to ID" was a sure way to get into more "discussion" with an LEO if NOT arrested on the spot.

Comment

Hmmmm, interesting responses.

You really enjoy trolling, don’t you?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                                You really enjoy trolling, don’t you?

Lol bingo. I’ll admit, I bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X