Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
    You are a brave man.
    The only thing in there right now is a Chili Petin that made the move from the original location.

Comment

I always have a "WAY TOO MUCH" garden, so this year I quadrupled it.
      Will start my indoor grow next week, with 100 Better Boy tomatoes, 100 tomatillas, 100 TAM jalapenos, and 100 Yolo bells.
      My rows are 150' and will have a row of Gold Rush yellow zucchini, a row of Midas 2 straight neck yellow squash, A row of red potatoes, 2 rows of 1015 onions, a row of Blue Lake greenbeans,. a row of DSI greenbeans, A row of Eureka cucumbers, a row of Super 45 cantaloupes, a a row of Mississippi purple brown crowder peas, a row of Jubilee watermelons, and a row of a melon developed by my grandfather that is a orange meat melon....been saving these seeds for years.
      After I pull my onions, I'll follow them with my okra.

Been growing this stuff for years, just expanding since I found a buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
        Just a seed starting mix and peat cups. I bought the heating pads and grow light off of Amazon.
        I bought my lights from amazon as well but heating pads??? Dang it I thought I would be in the cool club with my LED’s. Now ive got to step up my game once again

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
          I bought my lights from amazon as well but heating pads??? Dang it I thought I would be in the cool club with my LED’s. Now ive got to step up my game once again
          Yep, you need to google the marijuana growers.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
            Yep, you need to google the marijuana growers.
            I actually thought about that before I bought the lights

Comment

Tagged for later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Too early i guess?

Im a month behind my seedling starts last year... I probably won’t get 2 harvests of Peppers. :-(

I will be getting seeds in soil on the 2nd

Comment

Just a seed starting mix and peat cups. I bought the heating pads and grow light off of Amazon.

The past couple years I used egg cartons as my starting cups

Comment

Tagging as well. Plan on maters, ghosts, cayenne and cucumber this year. May start up some other stuff in pots.

Comment

I started some tomato’s, jalapeños, green chili’s the other day still haven’t came up. What kind of light are y’all using? Does it have to be a certain light?

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
                        I started some tomato’s, jalapeños, green chili’s the other day still haven’t came up. What kind of light are y’all using? Does it have to be a certain light?

This will be my first year to do an indoor grow.
                        Been googlin all day to figure this out, and still don't know.

Comment

The heating pads are the most important part in getting the seeds to sprout. Once they are up, turn the heat off and the light on. Keep it real close to the tops of the seedlings so they don’t get “leggy”. Water from the bottom. Never on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                            The past couple years I used egg cartons as my starting cups

I bought Cow Pots on Amazon. They are made from recycled cow manure. I’ve never started with seeds this is my first year. I’m sure peat moss cups will be fine. Bought some peat moss cups from depot.going to plant some Boston ivy in them

Comment

The heating pads are the most important part in getting the seeds to sprout. Once they are up, turn the heat off and the light on. Keep it real close to the tops of the seedlings so they don’t get “leggy”. Water from the bottom. Never on top.
                              This is exactly what I've gathered from googling.
                              If the light is too high, the stems will be thin, as the plants will 'reach' for the light, but if you keep the light low and close, the stalks will be thicker and stronger.
                              I guess if you can keep heat coming from the bottom, the roots and the stalk will be more robust.

Comment

I’m trying to decide what to plant. Had a good tomato crop last year, still have some brussels and broccoli since the freeze only killed half.

I need to remember to turn the planter box and all all the compost this year

Comment

Working...
                                X