Duck Hunting shotgun opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck Hunting shotgun opinions

Hey guys, Ill be in the market very soon for a workhorse shotgun. Synthetic camo stock, and used for duck and turkey hunting. Budget will be $1500 or less. Who has what and how do you like the gun? A couple of guns I've been looking at are the Remington Versa Max and the Benelli M2. Thanks for your input!

The 3 B's.

Browning
    Benelli
    Beretta

In my opinion Remington has never compared. I have a brand new Remington V3 Auto sitting in the safe since I won it. Haven't even shot it. Will use it some day for a back up I am sure.

Comment

^^ 3 B's he mentioned are the best way to go.

Comment

New Browning A5. Had mine for over a year and it has performed flawlessly. I also beat on mine (throw it in boat, chunk it in up willows) and the camo dip hasn't come off or scratched yet.

Comment

Yep, three B's

Beretta
          Beretta
          Beretta

Jaminelli, er Benellis are good, like Ford and Chevy

Brownings, too fickle for my taste

Versa Max, friend got one not too long ago, good looking gun, heavy as can be.

Been shooting a Beretta AL390 Silver Mallard for almost 20 years now. Will bury me with that gun.

Comment

Browning
            Benelli
            Beretta
            With that said I had a SBE2 that would hang empty hulls nearly every shot so I sold it. If buying today id def look at the Browning A5 and Beretta A400 Extreme.

Comment

Franchi Intensity. Best shotgun I've ever owned

Comment

Benelli M2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the help so far. I like the 3 B's advice!

Comment

A-400 hands down. I would shoot an A5 first, I wanted one till i shot my buddy's and couldn't hit my @ss with both hands.

Comment

I have had my Benelli M1 since the first year they came out. It has been through hell but it has never let me down. Not once has it misfed or misfired. If I had to find a new gun I would go with the M2

Comment

If you want to keep about half that coin in your pocket, the Beretta A300 Outlander is a great option. I've been very impressed with mine over the past 3 years. It's a gas operated gun, so the recoil seems a bit less abrupt than recoil (or inertia) driven options like Benelli, Franchi, and the Browning A5. It's very reliable. I recently competed in three sporting clays tournaments (100+ rounds each) with typical dirty range ammo and no cleaning between matches. It performed flawlessly through all three matches. It's synthetic, rugged, simple, and has some features that you typically don't find at that price point. Most notably, it comes with shim kits to adjust cast and length of pull. Once I adjusted it and found the sweet spot, my hit percentage took a pretty good jump. The only potential downside is that it's a 3" gun. If you want a 3.5" gun, Beretta makes the A350 Xtrema, which costs a bit more (but still less than many other options). I know others will have differing opinions, but I have never found a situation where I needed 3.5" shells, even when I hunted with a 3.5" gun. From doves to geese and turkeys, I've been pretty successful with 3" shells. If you're ever in DFW, I'd be happy to meet you at the range and let yourun my A300 through its paces.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/a300-outlander-camo-max5/

Comment

Beretta

Comment

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
                            If you want to keep about half that coin in your pocket, the Beretta A300 Outlander is a great option. I've been very impressed with mine over the past 3 years. It's a gas operated gun, so the recoil seems a bit less abrupt than recoil (or inertia) driven options like Benelli, Franchi, and the Browning A5. It's very reliable. I recently competed in three sporting clays tournaments (100+ rounds each) with typical dirty range ammo and no cleaning between matches. It performed flawlessly through all three matches. It's synthetic, rugged, simple, and has some features that you typically don't find at that price point. Most notably, it comes with shim kits to adjust cast and length of pull. Once I adjusted it and found the sweet spot, my hit percentage took a pretty good jump. The only potential downside is that it's a 3" gun. If you want a 3.5" gun, Beretta makes the A350 Xtrema, which costs a bit more (but still less than many other options). I know others will have differing opinions, but I have never found a situation where I needed 3.5" shells, even when I hunted with a 3.5" gun. From doves to geese and turkeys, I've been pretty successful with 3" shells. If you're ever in DFW, I'd be happy to meet you at the range and let yourun my A300 through its paces.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/a300-outlander-camo-max5/
                            All you need to know.

If you really want one of those dumb inertia operated guns, save some money and get a Franchi.

Comment

I second Franchi.

Comment

Working...
                              X