Deer processing yield??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer processing yield??!

So, how many lbs of deer meet do you get back after processing??!!

Seems like I am coming up shy or is my processor just doing his job and removing all the excess membranes and such?

J-Fish wants to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You shoot a 60# doe dressed?

Comment

how big was the doe dressed and live?

Comment

Was that a doe or buck? Any added fat? or just pure deer?

Comment

I wold say that is pretty close. We to a deer and pig to the processor, but we cleaned all the meat and it was ready to put in the grinder. We had sixty four pounds of cleaned meat and got back pretty close to that.

Comment

About 90 pounds dressed ? Seem correct to me. About 1/3 is Hyde, 1/3 bones and 1/3 of the total weight is meat

Comment

thats about right.

Comment

Did not weigh total deer. I would say he was 100# or so on the hoof.

I just dropped two off this morning when I picked up this one. Wish I would of weighed the total cooler so I could compare what I got back.

Comment

Oh yeah, it’s just hamburger, chili meat and tenderized blackstrap.

Comment

When I got my doe processed a few weeks back, I ended up with 24pks of hamburger(1lb) and 25 pks(1lb) of link sausage. I steaked the backstraps out myself and vaccumed sealed. This doe was 119lb live weight.

Comment

If I had got sausage or such other meat would of been added.

Comment

I would say that is spot on. You can figure roughly 40% of live weight

Yes they will cleanup the meat from tendons, fat so on so forth

Comment

From everything I have gotten that looks to be about right.

Comment

Pretty close imo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I took a doe to one processor last year and got less than 25 lbs of meat for about $90. The one I use now got 111 lbs off the last 2 I took to them, 1 buck and 1 doe. That's all with me quartering and cleaning. I have heard stories of some of these small time processors skimming, but I am sure some of that is just waste from excess trimming.

My current processor is a full time USDA facility that buys and processes livestock year round, and charges by the lb rather than a flat rate for a deer. I find it more reasonable that way because I don't spend an arm and a leg if my deer is kinda small.
                              Last edited by Bucksaw; 12-07-2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X