No announcement yet.

Caddo Natl. Grasslands 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baordbum, was looking at the west part of the lake today on the map. Had a good day yesterday within the last 5 minutes of light, had a spike and 3 doe come to the stand. Squirrel hunters out today shooting up the place.

Comment

The west is really thick bush. Which is also where I’m seeing the most deer so probably not a coincidence.

How hikeable is the north side of the lake?

Comment

The north Side has thick brush as well, hike the wooded areas and it’s easier to cut thru. Also you have a road cutting the land in half and a dirt road on the north perimeter. One group of hogs is crossing the field to be with the cows. I sent you an email of the north map w the hog locations.

Comment

FDPBrooks, I never got the email. Could you try it again?

Comment

Boardbum, hopefully the attachments come thru this time. Will be out tomorrow morning if you want to meet.

Comment

Sorry, can't get the file to upload. The location is on 2318, directly below the "N" from National on the TPWD map. Easy to hike, road goes thru the parcel or trail on the north perimeter separating the private property.

Had a pig walk thru tonight about 60 yards out. Couldn't get him to come closer, was surprised he was by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by FDPBrooks View Post
                Sorry, can't get the file to upload. The location is on 2318, directly below the "N" from National on the TPWD map. Easy to hike, road goes thru the parcel or trail on the north perimeter separating the private property.

Had a pig walk thru tonight about 60 yards out. Couldn't get him to come closer, was surprised he was by himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FDPBrooks View Post

Comment

caught this guy on camera.

Comment

I am planning on hunting it the first time this weekend. Any suggestion on a good starting point where I can avoid the most people?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace141 View Post
                        I am planning on hunting it the first time this weekend. Any suggestion on a good starting point where I can avoid the most people?

I hunt the northside of the lake, not to many gun hunters. Currently in the stand now!

Comment

I wonder why this place gets such a bad rap? I haven't gone out there yet. Really wanting to. All word of mouth people say it is swamped with gun hunters, all forums I have read seems like it isn't that bad. Looking like if you have a canoe or something you could prob find a monster deep in there along the Bois d'Arc creek.

Comment

Originally posted by outdoorsnetx View Post
                            I wonder why this place gets such a bad rap? I haven't gone out there yet. Really wanting to. All word of mouth people say it is swamped with gun hunters, all forums I have read seems like it isn't that bad. Looking like if you have a canoe or something you could prob find a monster deep in there along the Bois d'Arc creek.
                            I have found most of the hunters hunting the main area at the lake. I hunted this area a few years ago and it was over hunted but I’m not seeing the same volume of hunters. Could be the reason why I can’t find any big deer, mostly small bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by outdoorsnetx View Post
                              I hunted there for the first time last week from Wednesday till Sunday and there weren't a lot of other hunters. I hunt 3 different areas and each hunt there was someone close shooting an AR. This didn't bother me, I felt like if they are banging away then the deer are more likely to be in the quiet patch of woods I was in.
                              Nice camp sites and even met a couple guys from Plano there hunting. We were hunting the same patch of woods and didn't know it until after the hunt.
                              I plan on going back.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
                                I hunted there for the first time last week from Wednesday till Sunday and there weren't a lot of other hunters. I hunt 3 different areas and each hunt there was someone close shooting an AR. This didn't bother me, I felt like if they are banging away then the deer are more likely to be in the quiet patch of woods I was in.
                                Nice camp sites and even met a couple guys from Plano there hunting. We were hunting the same patch of woods and didn't know it until after the hunt.
                                I plan on going back.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X