Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And one more thing, Garrett took charge of the play calling after the INDY debacle last year, I think he did pretty good. When he was the OC he was the hottest head coaching candidate in the NFL, turned down several jobs because the Cowboys promised him the head job in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      And one more thing, Garrett took charge of the play calling after the INDY debacle last year, I think he did pretty good. When he was the OC he was the hottest head coaching candidate in the NFL, turned down several jobs because the Cowboys promised him the head job in the future.

You remember why Jerry went out and got Garrett an OC named Linehan? I do....because he sucked at it and being a head coach at the same time! I distinctly remember them wanting to free him of the responsibilities because he wasn't excelling at either. They needed him to be a world class clapper first....

Maybe he has gotten enough experience where he can do both....but I hope Moore keeps him freed up to just clap.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        You remember why Jerry went out and got Garrett an OC named Linehan? I do....because he sucked at it and being a head coach at the same time! I distinctly remember them wanting to free him of the responsibilities because he wasn't excelling at either. They needed him to be a world class clapper first....

Maybe he has gotten enough experience where he can do both....but I hope Moore keeps him freed up to just clap.
        They thought he had too much on his plate to handle play calling and being the head coach with no experience, when he was just a play caller he was **** good at it. Check out his offenses when he was the OC, its amazing what a good QB can do for you, and Jason done forgot more about football than what Moore knows, they will do fine together but it will be because of Garrett.

Comment

They thought he had too much on his plate to handle play calling and being the head coach with no experience, when he was just a play caller he was **** good at it. Check out his offenses when he was the OC, its amazing what a good QB can do for you, and Jason done forgot more about football than what Moore knows, they will do fine together but it will be because of Garrett.

Well hell why bring in Moore if Garrett was and is still a superstar?

Exactly... he had too much on his plate and he struggled...and he still will. He also said countless times when asked that he helped with game planning in "Linehan's boring *** conservative offense"... the same offense talking heads call Garrett's offense. I'll eat crow if he shows me but I plan on ribeye if Garrett calls them..

Romo made Garrett IMO.. not the other way around..

Comment

Garrett being a great OC has to be the biggest BS statement made in this post and that takes a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Exactly... he had too much on his plate and he struggled...and he still will. He also said countless times when asked that he helped with game planning in "Linehan's boring *** conservative offense"... the same offense talking heads call Garrett's offense. I'll eat crow if he shows me but I plan on ribeye if Garrett calls them..

I am going to start shooting a bunch of crows so I can serve you and DeMo a bunch of stewed crow, it will be good, trust me.

Comment

I am going to start shooting a bunch of crows so I can serve you and DeMo a bunch of stewed crow, it will be good, trust me.
                History would say you’re wasting shells

Comment

Attaboy Zeke!! More distractions!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    History would say you’re wasting shells

Hahahahaha...

Comment

Well helI.....why sit the best quarterback on your team when you have a legit chance to contend for a super bowl? Why have they done a million things that they’ve done for the past 20+ years. It’s a franchise that has been doing nothing more than chasing its own tail. No direction at all.

Cracks me up with all the Kellen Moore talk.....He’s got Dak dropping dimes 50 yards down the field! Look out NFC!.....The Cowboys have turned Kellen Moore lose on you!

Now, I hope Kellen Moore does have Dak dropping dimes 50 yards down the field and he’s all pro this year. I’m ready for something other than Cowboy disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                        Cracks me up with all the Kellen Moore talk.....He’s got Dak dropping dimes 50 yards down the field! Look out NFC!.....The Cowboys have turned Kellen Moore lose on you!

Now, I hope Kellen Moore does have Dak dropping dimes 50 yards down the field and he’s all pro this year. I’m ready for something other than Cowboy disappointment.

Well....except it's not Kellen Moore....It's John Kitna the new QB coach, who is a known QB trainer and folks call a guru....

I'd be more apt to believe there is some improvement after Kitna worked with him all year. Cautiously optimistic.
                        Last edited by Smart; 07-30-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

All I’m saying is if they wanted to package zeke and Gregory i wouldn’t shed a tear. Heck throw in our lb coach Lee in too cause that’s about all he does.

Comment

Well....except it's not Kellen Moore....It's John Kitna the new QB coach, who is a known QB trainer and folks call a guru....

I'd be more apt to believe there is some improvement after Kitna worked with him all year. Cautiously optimistic.

Yeah, I messed that up pretty bad.

Comment

Done with Zeke.

Comment

All this discussion is a waste of time as long as JJ is the GM. If that dude would hire a real front office and let them do their job the Cowboy's ship could be righted.

Right now JJ and Jerry's Kids ain't getting it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X