Blackened catfish with crawfish cream sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blake, most certainly sounds good!

Have you used TECHE VALLEY SEAFOOD's crawfish puree' product yet? I'm interested in learning ways this product can be best used.

Comment

I heard about this dish...and was instantly very jealous I was not there to taste.

You think talapia would work in a pinch, Blake?

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
        I heard about this dish...and was instantly very jealous I was not there to taste.

You think talapia would work in a pinch, Blake?

yes ma'am ..... it would definitely work

Originally posted by McClain View Post
        Blake, most certainly sounds good!

Have you used TECHE VALLEY SEAFOOD's crawfish puree' product yet? I'm interested in learning ways this product can be best used.
        I'll look for it at Rouses's or around town... pretty sure i can come up with some kind of recipe

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          I'll look for it at Rouses's or around town... pretty sure i can come up with some kind of recipe
          Their website shows it to be at Pat's and NuNu's French Market in Youngsville. Or, I'm sure it can be purchased at their plant in St. Martinville. I bet it would make a good stuffing, as in stuffed mushrooms! I've been meaning to pick some up, just haven't done it yet.

Comment

I made this recipe with talapia and it was wonderful

CB knows his way around the kitchen!

Comment

Sounds amazing

Comment

Another great recipe I have got to try.

Comment

made this for supper using redfish, delicious, the sauce is so good i could drink it like water

Comment

For our 20th wedding anniversary tonight, I made a a variation of this dish - no Tasso to be found in Paris, but I diced and browned some Canadian bacon as an acceptable substitute, I added creole mustard for a bit of tang (is that what makes a Pontchartrain sauce?) and used shallots instead of onion (last time I made it the onion was a little strong).

I "blackened" the catfish in olive oil/butter, then browned the Canadian bacon and even did a quick sauté on the crawfish meat, removed and sweated the onion/bell pepper, deglazed with bit of "crawfish juice/water", added cream and thickened before adding minced garlic, creole mustard, Canadian bacon and tails back in. I roasted new potatoes with rosemary/thyme/garlic salt/paprika and had garlic toast to sop up the remaining cream sauce!!!

My phone batt died before I could get the finished product, but here is an "in progress" pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361411927.246092.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	24173399

For dessert I made "caramel cheesecake flan" in ramekins.

Oh yeah, my diet was put on hold for the "holiday"!

Happy 20th wedding anniversary to my lovely bride! I have been blessed with an awesome marriage and family!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Cheesecake Flan

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361412625.214062.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	24173401
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Cheesecake Flan

[ATTACH]459943[/ATTACH]
                        Now this I'd try fo sho!!!!

Comment

Cooking fun fact:

Did you know that when you dice Canadian Bacon and put it in a hot cast iron skillet that it "pops" like popcorn! I had ham flying all over the kitchen!!!
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

very impressive brother

I bet Mrs J now has a favorite dish

Comment

Michael, WTH????? I just washed my beard from 2 weeks ago because I was savoring the flavor as long as I could and it finally got rank!! I LOVE THAT STUFF!!

Good job on the cooking, bet Jnet loved you long time for that meal

Comment

Man this looks awesome, I Just finished putting the blade to some jugline cats tonight, thanks for sharing CB, I'm going to try this tomorrow and see if the misses will eat catfish.

Comment

Working...
                                X