Artifacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artifacts?

Curious as to what I found. The points and the rock that looks like it was used as a pulley were all found around the same dry creek in Webb county. I am not even sure it is an artifact. Any ideas?
    The tooth and rock with a hole in it were dug out of a creek bank in Kimble county. The tooth is fossilized. Any ideas what it is from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not an expert but maybe used as a hammer or club.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

looks like you found a bunch of quarters!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          thats funny,

cool stuff you found there!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Unfortunately its only one quarter. The primitive tribes didn't leave much change laying around.

Comment

Looks like you found some really good stuff. I see a couple of the tools that look very, very old to me. You have some interesting finds. The tooth could be bison. Or horse. Not real sure.

Comment

Just a guess but the rock with the groove all the way around it looks like an anchor.

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
                  Just a guess but the rock with the groove all the way around it looks like an anchor.
                  What do you think it would have been an anchor for? I never thought of that. That groove was made on purpose for something. I just don't know what.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                    What do you think it would have been an anchor for? I never thought of that. That groove was made on purpose for something. I just don't know what.
                    Maybe a tool used to straighten arrow or atlatl or spear shafts and /or smooth them down???????????
                    They took on many shapes and sizes.

Comment

Working...
                    X