No announcement yet.

Bardominium Build Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya I hear ya. Im sure it will end up just the way you want. As far as pics, that might be too much technology for me! haha I barely know how to get on TBH. ill see what I can do

Comment

Subscribed.

Will be building one in DeSoto Parish, LA in a year or so. Budget will be around 140k. Land is free. I think I can have something pretty nice for that

Comment

Originally posted by cam6467 View Post
        I've got numbers for several contractors in the Somervell County area who specialize in steel building construction. I'm planning on making several calls tomorrow to get some idea of what this thing will run me to erect.

I'm going to hire out the foundation and shell, then I'll take over from there. It's always fun to try to guess at a ballpark figure for this thing, so I'll use BrianL's figures:

Foundation (@ $6 sqft):
        ~$16,560

Building (@ $12 sqft):
        ~$30,300

Framing (@ $6 sqft):
        ~$9,600

Approximate Grand Total:
        ~$56,460

Of course, you have to figure:

plumbing....With septic 16K, electrical $8K, HVAC $8K, trim(Sheetrock) $3.5K, windows $300/each, doors $300/each, Paint $2K etc. Flooring $3K Cabinets $12K Living INsulation $3.5k

What would you guys say is a good ballpark for this sort of building GRAND TOTAL (As in start to finish, completed, ready to move in)?

I will be finishing out the inside pretty much on my own. I will likely hire out the drywall, texture, painting, cabinets, and countertops.
        See above....$110-120K
        Last edited by BrianL; 12-01-2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Remember shop part only cost about $20/foot so no need to skimp there.

Comment

[ATTACH]759397[/ATTACH]

I made some changes to the floor plan. My wife and I looked at the island vs. peninsula and decided that the peninsula would be better for us. I hope we don't have egg on our faces when it's all said and done, but I think the space between the peninsula and the pantry wall is a little more than 5'1". That should be free enough for comfort.

The little grey square is the wood burning stove. My wife said she likes the idea of having it be the focal point of the living area. I've researched ideas for stone heat barriers to go under and behind the stove from floor to ceiling.

The wrap around style porch is my wife's concept. She had a pretty good idea, too! I think the porch will make a great addition.

The 25' covered parking was moved to the opposite side of the building from where it was originally. We figured it would be better to have an unobstructed view from the kitchen/living windows. This change also enabled me to put the washer/dryer closer to the 4' door going into the kitchen from the shop. I'll also be placing a spare fridge, chest freezer, and ice maker out by the washer/dryer.

Any input, suggestions, critiques are welcome!!
            I'm not trying to convince you to do something you don't want, but tape off that 5' space and have two people stand shoulder to shoulder to see how it feels? Ever considered an island on hidden wheels that you could push up against the wall cabinets to make it look like a Peninsula or move it to be an island? Give you flexibility and an almost instantly kitchen remodel with no cost down the road if you want a new feel.

Comment

I was in home building as well and second the suggestion to go to an island. You can always put in the pen. later but jackhammering the slab after the fact and redoing the floor will be enough of a headache if you find out you want it. It will also make the space feel larger with the island.

Comment

In. Will be building one this coming year in Bulverde. This is helpful

Comment

We have an executed contract on the land! Finally starting to seem more realistic.

Comment

We have an executed contract on the land! Finally starting to seem more realistic.
                    Congrats....one step closer.

If you want to see it done right check out Ronny's (Duckhunter2007) thread awhile back. He and his wife did a lot of it themselves and I must say did a WHALE of a job. He has a whole lot better level skill sets than I do that's for sure! He did a great job chronologically taking us along. It was impressive!

Good luck again.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Tagged for later, can't wait to see it come together

Comment

Looking forward to seeing more

Comment

That $6 a foot price for concrete is that Labor & all material?

Comment

Originally posted by tmkrueger View Post
                              That $6 a foot price for concrete is that Labor & all material?
                              yes, all inclusive.

i was just quote $5.50 per sq ft by 2 different companies

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X