Clear All

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
    [ATTACH]894744[/ATTACH]
    LOL I want that sign!!

Comment

All drawers finished, and blocked.
      Side panels attached.
      1st layer of top screwed down.

I'm liking this thing!!! I could pick one end up by hand pretty easily prior to putting that first sheet of 3/4 on. Man what a difference that stuff makes! This dude is fixing to get stout as I start layering the next 2 sheets!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Palmetto; 02-01-2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
        Side panels attached.

I'm liking this thing!!! I could pick one end up by hand pretty easily prior to putting that first sheet of 3/4 on. Man what a difference that stuff makes! This dude is fixing to get stout as I start layering the next 2 sheets!
        Consider using MDF for the top sheet. It's much smoother, and makes a nice work surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          Consider using MDF for the top sheet. It's much smoother, and makes a nice work surface.
          Especially with a couple light coats of boiled linseed oil.

Comment

Side panels attached.

Nice work

Comment

I already bought a 1/4" sheet of birch that I am going to glue down. Hope it turns out good.

Comment

I already bought a 1/4" sheet of birch that I am going to glue down. Hope it turns out good.
                I agree with Kevin on the MDF.

Other thing, I wouldnt glue it down. That way you can replace it if it gets messed up.

Comment

These are some bad mother scrunchers right here.....How did I ever function without an impact driver & these screws?

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                    I agree with Kevin on the MDF.

Other thing, I wouldnt glue it down. That way you can replace it if it gets messed up.
                    Sometimes I think we share a brain!

These are some bad mother scrunchers right here.....How did I ever function without an impact driver & these screws?

My world changed when I got an impact driver, and I thought it couldn't get any better.

UNTIL I started using those screws, with it!

Comment

Comment

My world changed when I got an impact driver, and I thought it couldn't get any better.

UNTIL I started using those screws, with it!
                        I lost my impact driver a few months ago. I picked up a old screw gun the other day and tried to drive a screw like I've done a million times before and couldn't do it. I stoped and went and bought a new impact driver right then. I dont know how I ever worked without one now.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                          Here is a miter saw table the I built a few weeks ago. I use my shop for wood working, storage, metal working, and I park my truck in it when I don't have a project going on. So I don't have room for a lot of stationary tools. I was tired of setting up stands to support the ends of boards when cutting on the miter saw and not being able to have a stop set up for repetitive cuts. I saw something similar online and modified for my needs. I set it on a couple of sawhorses when using and hang on the wall when not in use. The pocket where the saw goes is very tight and when placed in it, it is the same each time. I thought about adding a fence, but have not needed it up to this point, but would be easy to add one if I decide to. May not be the prettiest, but it was made out of a half sheet of 3/4 plywood, so it is cheap and very functional

I am in process of building a movable table for my lathe. I will post it when done.

[ATTACH]893216[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]893217[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]893218[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]893219[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]893220[/ATTACH]
                          Miter stations make all the difference in the world!

Comment

Some nice stuff going on in this thread. And I agree, 1/4" impact is the way to go. I hardly touch my drill any more.

Comment

Well worth the money. Spax I think they're called.

Before I found these it was almost always the common, black drywall screws for just about everything. Until my 3rd time sitting at my desk picking a 100+ tiny little metal splinters out of my thumb and forefinger. Especially bad idea using them with a magnetic screw bit.

Comment

Has anyone ever built a torsion table? Thinking about doing one for an outfeed/assembly table.

I really like Woodwhisper's design, but also want dog holes. So I'm leaning towards Paulk's design.
                                Last edited by mmoses; 02-02-2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X