Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it

Comment

Very ingenuitive! I like it and will be looking forward to the finished pictures!

Comment

is it done

Comment

could you just apply the paint in a heavy coat(s) without having to soak the sheets?

Comment

Originally posted by Big-Ed View Post
            could you just apply the paint in a heavy coat(s) without having to soak the sheets?
            That's one my thoughts too.

Comment

Why not black latex paint?

Comment

I like it alot. and am ready to build my own.

Quick Question: How do the sheets stay on the blind? are they attached in any way? Or just stuck by paint? We have some pretty nasty wind out our way...

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                  I like it alot. and am ready to build my own.

Quick Question: How do the sheets stay on the blind? are they attached in any way? Or just stuck by paint? We have some pretty nasty wind out our way...
                  Yea, the sheets just stick to themselves and to the cage. No other attachment necessary. In fact, after it dries, I think it would be dang near impossible to get the sheets apart. I think it's stout enough to be staked down and the wind wouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                    Why not black latex paint?
                    I just went with what was free. Luckily, it was somewhat of a "natural" color. If I had the option, I think i'd rather have a dark brown or green versus black.

Comment

Originally posted by Big-Ed View Post
                      I guess you could. I think you would have trouble getting the same coverage though. The paint probably sounds messier than it actually is. Just wear some rubber gloves and it's not too bad.

And, no, it's just 100% done. I need to figure out some mesh or netting to cover the windows until shooting time. I was thinking shoot through mesh... But I shoot Grim Reapers once in a while and don't want to affect accuracy. My thought is to have some camo netting hanging from hooks and be able to hook it up out of the way when I see something. Any ideas on this are appreciated.
                      Last edited by Dchilds; 04-25-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dchilds View Post
                        I just went with what was free. Luckily, it was somewhat of a "natural" color. If I had the option, I think i'd rather have a dark brown or green versus black.
                        Might have been a good time to apply some natural camo... while it is still wet and sticky, have a shovel handy(dry dirt preferably) and several piles of dried mower or shredder clippings....

fling away.

Then come back with OD, brown etc spray paint to hit the remaining white.

Comment

Originally posted by CutTheLoop View Post
                          Might have been a good time to apply some natural camo... while it is still wet and sticky, have a shovel handy(dry dirt preferably) and several piles of dried mower or shredder clippings....

fling away.

Then come back with OD, brown etc spray paint to hit the remaining white.
                          That's a great idea. Maybe I'll roll on another coat and use this idea.

Comment

I was think about doing the same concept except instead of soaking the sheets, paint over them with Herculiner bed liner. A little more expensive but it would weather proof it and would last forever. I was looking at it last night, and Amazon has a kit to cover a 6' truck bed for $80. I am guessing that would be about the same amount for blind. Any thoughts? Anybody tried something similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearkat View Post
                              I was think about doing the same concept except instead of soaking the sheets, paint over them with Herculiner bed liner. A little more expensive but it would weather proof it and would last forever. I was looking at it last night, and Amazon has a kit to cover a 6' truck bed for $80. I am guessing that would be about the same amount for blind. Any thoughts? Anybody tried something similar?
                              I think you would probably need 2 kits for full coverage.

Comment

Reminds me of a huge paper mâché project

Comment

Working...
                                X