No announcement yet.

My 2017 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to call it a morning!! A little under dressed. About to warm back up and drink some coffee then head out to the NF for a little mid day scouting. This evening I'm gonna take my new tree climber for a little test run hunt at the lease. No more deer than I've been seeing I think I've made my last morning hunt of the season. I'm about to turn into a fair weather evening hunter for the rest of this season!!

Comment

Back in for the evening sit. In my new tree climber in a pine tree they left when they were select cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Day's getting short.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

the last post was 3:30. You either poked one and working on getting it out, or ... I will go ahead and assume that until told otherwise.

Comment

Nah, he's grillin steaks and enjoying a cold one.

Comment

Ha!! I wish I had more to tell. There was a really good deer killed this evening by another hunter, and I got distracted listening to the story and looking at his deer. That's it for me until next weekend, unless I can slip off tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

I've been kicking around some different places to go next week while I'm off, and I think I've settled on Twin Buttes WMA in San Angelo if the weather holds out like predicted and nothing comes up. They have 2 units that are walk in bow only units, and you can kill a buck and a doe and turkeys. Talked to a few folks here on TBH that have given me some pretty good info, so we'll see.

Comment

Looks like my son and I will be headed to Twin Buttes tomorrow. We'll hunt tomorrow afternoon, all day Tuesday, Wednesday morning and then head home. Weather is looking good but will be cold...so we backed out of camping in a tent and rented a cabin at a nearby marina. I'm too old for tents lol. Maybe the deer will cooperate!!

Comment

Sounds like a fun trip. Good hunting to y'all.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope the best for you. I know nothing of that area. Get lots of good intel?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                          Hope the best for you. I know nothing of that area. Get lots of good intel?
                          I actually did get some really good info. Turns out lots of other TBH'ers either hunt or have hunted there. It sounds pretty good. I don't know how I haven't heard of it until this year. I'm looking forward to it!!

Comment

Shhhhh!!!!! Loose lips fill parking lots!
                            Good luck buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                              Shhhhh!!!!! Loose lips fill parking lots!
                              Good luck buddy!
                              LOL!! Thanks bud!! We'll be on the road shortly.

Comment

About 2 hours out. I guess Jr will be well rested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X