No announcement yet.

2017 Trad Shoot Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try to make the ones in Fort Worth if scouting events permit.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      There is a guy on here... we'll call him Burt.

Burt went to a 3D shoot 1 week after getting his first trad bow. He drove 2 hours each way to get there. Burt didn't have arrows. Paul, whom he had never met, brought him some. Burt is usually pretty good at stuff; Burt sucked at shooting a trad bow. Burt missed alot of targets. What Burt didn't miss was losing out on alot of fun and meeting lots of super nice people. Burt learned alot at that shoot, most important was to relax and realize trad archers are a special breed of archers and a tight knit community that is diverse and very welcoming.

Be like Burt.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
      I remember Burt!

That Paul guy is a pretty good feller too, kinda just like a fuzzy dog! He just had a shoulder replacement surgery, so everybody send up a prayer for his complete recovery!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I hadn't heard that about Paul. Prayers up for a smooth recovery Fuzzy

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

guys on the shot at Irving Bowhunters I am setting the course per members theme of inspiration, so far I got 10 to go, if you are on the neighborhood give me a call or send me an email with your request and it will be named after you but you have to shot your creation and take a picture.
          ( distance +or-, animal, trash or open )
          214-938-2236
          davidorubio@gmail.com

Comment

I thought Rusty just had surgery. Wonder how it's going for him.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              I thought Rusty just had surgery. Wonder how it's going for him.

Gary
              Rusty (spidermonkey) did just have shoulder surgery. I talked to him the other day, and he said everything was going well. Paul (Fuzzy Dog) just had shoulder replacement surgery. He is doing well also, but has a long road to get back to 100%.

Bisch

Comment

Yeah, the shoulder is a tough one. So many range of motion, muscle, tendon, cartilage, ligament and scar tissue challenges. It's a long painful road but hydrocodone and ice are your friend.

Maybe some bud light.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                  I'm not opposed to it at all, just never shot in any sort of competition before. But I do think it'd be fun. I may sign up. How far are the farthest targets?
                  You will not even feel like you are in a competition, I promise. It's just like walking around shooting with friends. I used to feel the same way!!

Comment

At most tournaments the "how far"'question depends mostly on target size. We have a few really small ones eg: a woodchuck or armadillo that may be inside 10 yards. Big targets like a bear, elk or lion may be at 25. Deer-sized targets might average around 15. Even if you have not practiced much at those distances you may surprise yourself at how quickly you adapt in that setting- especially if you are shooting with more experienced archers.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      At most tournaments the "how far"'question depends mostly on target size. We have a few really small ones eg: a woodchuck or armadillo that may be inside 10 yards. Big targets like a bear, elk or lion may be at 25. Deer-sized targets might average around 15. Even if you have not practiced much at those distances you may surprise yourself at how quickly you adapt in that setting- especially if you are shooting with more experienced archers.
                      Yeah! A steel armadillo that loves to eat arrows!!!!!

Yes Cowtown has a steel armadillo, and TSLC has a steel target too, and Chester has a flying mosquito, and Hill Country Shootout has a 60+yd buffalo. They are all intimidating when you first see them, but also are a blast to shoot at, and you get to hoot and holler a bit when you do get lucky and get a good score on them.

Bisch

Comment

Hey folks, hope all is well. Been too long, but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard anything about Canyon Lake and if they're planning on hosting a TBOT this year? Haven't seen anything on their website or facebook, but I know it was usually end of february or first of March. Is the club still around? Just curious.

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

I asked Glenn a few weeks ago, and he said he was trying to get it scheduled. Not on there yet, and I hope it does not go away. Canyon Lake always set a great course!!!!!

Biach

Comment

Just found out that Austin Archery Club has scheduled a TBoT shoot for Saturday 7/8.

Bisch

Comment

1/21-1/22 Archers for Christ TBOT (Paris)
                              2/11-2/12 Denton TBOT
                              2/11 Shoot @ Big Oak Trad Weekend (Avinger)
                              2/18-2/19 Irving Bowhunters TBOT
                              2/18 Fredericksburg TBOT
                              2/25-2/26 Winter Trad Shoot (Cowtown, Ft Worth)
                              3/4 Bastrop County TBOT (Red Rock)
                              3/4-3/5 Duncan Bowhunters TBOT (Oklahoma)
                              3/5 Golden Triangle TBOT
                              3/18 Brazoria County TBOT (Angleton)
                              3/25 Dreams Come True Trad Shoot (Chester)
                              3/24-3/25 Tyler TBOT
                              4/1-4/2 Timber Creek Trad Buckle Blowout (Whitesboro)
                              4/8-4/9 Hill Country Shootout TBOT (Vanderpool)
                              4/22-4/23 Recurve Championship (Cowtown, Ft Worth)
                              4/22-4/23 Timber Creek TBOT (Whitesboro)
                              5/5-5/6 Rolling Plains TBOT (Memphis)
                              5/20-5/21 Glen Parker Stickbow Roundup (Chester)
                              5/27-5/28 Texas State Longbow Championship (TSLA, Ft Worth)
                              6/3-6/4 Collin County TBOT (Blue Ridge)
                              7/8-7/9 Mid Summer Meltdown TBOT (San Angelo)
                              7/8 Austin Archery Club TBOT
                              7/22-7/23 Trad Tri-State Championship (Wellington)
                              8/5 Bastrop County TBOT (Red Rock)
                              9/9-9/10 Devil's Mountain TBOT (San Angelo)
                              9/16-9/17 Sagebrush TBOT (Wellington)

Comment

Thanks Jeff -- I haven't shot a tourney in a while but hope we can shoot a round or two together this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X