• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turned out great

Comment

Awesome idea. Will be doing this

Comment

How about the latex roof coating instead of paint?

Comment

Originally posted by 4tonns View Post
          That is a cool idea that I might steal for next season. I have a few questions. Did you build it one site or move it? If you moved it, how well did it hold up? Have you had to touch it up with more paint after each season? Is the roof plastic holding up?

I built it at camp and trailered it back to its spot. That was the sketchiest part just because I was afraid of a limb poking a hole in it. I literally haven't done anything to it since dropping it in place and the materials have held up great. The only thing I would probably do differently is that I'd make the door slightly higher up on the wall so that it doesn't snag vegetation as it opens and closes.

Comment

that is a great looking blind

Comment

Looks pretty good to me!

Comment

How sturdy is it in the wind? The area I would need it gets a lot of wind. Would it hold up if you put it on a tower?

Comment

Originally posted by car View Post
                  How sturdy is it in the wind? The area I would need it gets a lot of wind. Would it hold up if you put it on a tower?

I wouldn't recommend it. I think the sheets and paint would be fine but the frame isn't constructed for that kind of abuse. That said, you might be able to double up on materials and be okay. The good news is that experimenting doesn't cost too much.

Comment

Very nice! I have that same wire for my hay bale blind build. I plan on using some 5mil plastic to wrap it in and then attach the erosion control mat to it. Thanks for the ideas!

Comment

That is cool! I would be afraid with that swing to the inside door it would end up unintentionally being a pig trap on my lease if I forgot to fasten the door closed somehow!

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                        That is cool! I would be afraid with that swing to the inside door it would end up unintentionally being a pig trap on my lease if I forgot to fasten the door closed somehow!

That's something I hadn't thought about. That said, I've seen how rowdy those dudes can get in a trap and think this thing would fold like a cheap suit if put up against a hog or two.

Comment

any chance you have updated pics of this??

Comment

Turned out great!

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                              any chance you have updated pics of this??

No updated pictures but I can tell you that it’s holding up way better than I expected. I attribute the longevity to the quality of paint. I’m pretty sure it was some pretty good Benjamin Moore exterior paint.

I wouldn’t hesitate to sit in it during a hard rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can use the big clips from an office supply to hold your shoot-thru netting on. Just cut it large enough to clip it to your remesh on each side. Works well !
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X