Spring break back in the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
    We went to Ft. Lauderdale for Spring Break one year in college (unbelievable what went on there) and it was the first week of April - I remember that we watched the NCAA Championship game (Phi Slama Jama vs. NC State) the night before leaving and that was April 4, 1983.

We stayed a ways off the main drag, but the hotels at the beach (multi-story hotels) all would rip out the carpeting for the month or so of college spring break, then re-install afterwards. That was less trouble than trying to get all the vomit, alcohol, etc. out of the carpets.
    Culture was 'a little different' then - the tobacco companies had good-looking gals walking the boardwalk handing out free cigarettes to any/everyone.
    They've scheduled a custom knife show in ft Lauderdale the last two years during spring break. Last year they first day was elbow to elbow people on beach the next two days were cold. We will see how this weekend is.

Comment

Same time. Weather was iffy. I remember one year leaving Port A with a sunburn but it was snowing just north of Waco.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
        heck you guys were lucky! my spring breaks consisted of 40 hour days at the plant nursery cleaning and raking and working my *** off for a 1.00 sprite out of the vending machine a day. and that was only 10-15 years ago and it didn't matter the weather!~
        Barefooted!
        Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
        Yep, Good Friday and Monday after Easter. Dat was it and it was called Easter break. Back then it was not considered racists and you were not offending anyone by acknowledging your Christian beliefs. We said prayer and the pledge of allegiance to the flag every morning.
        This ^^^^^^.
        Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Running with the devil a little Van Halen
        Google is your friend huh? I'm not sure your old enough for the Van Halen
        days.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          Barefooted!

This ^^^^^^.

Google is your friend huh? I'm not sure your old enough for the Van Halen
          days.

Well I didn't want to sound dramatic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
            Well I didn't want to sound dramatic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't y'all still use square wheels made out of stone back then?

Comment

What is this Spring Break.I have to take vacation for any break

Comment

Burnadel told me the last Spring Break he remembered he was hunting saber toothed tigers with an atlatl.

Comment

Spring Break for the Northern folks!

Comment

We didn't have spring break. We got Good Friday off but I am an old er more experienced fart.
                      Yup that's me lol.

Comment

My dad used to take the week off work, and we fished our asses off. Couple days at Ray Bob, Couple days at Fork, maybe some stripers at PK, or Whitney, mixed in. We had a blast and caught A LOT of big bass. I remember it was always cold part of the week. Went skiing a couple times in high school with the "church"group....that was always.....interestin.

When I got out of high school, spring break changed a little. I'm sure glad everyone didn't have a camera in their pocket back then...

Comment

Spring Break 1975 Fort Lauderdale drove from Dallas 21 hours in a Triumph TR6 with Super Tramp on the 8 track. Great times. Came home sun burnt hung over and in love with a school teacher from New York. LOL

Comment

Like most have said here...My Spring Break consisted of working extra hours at my part-time job to make sure I had enough money to get through the semester. But I will admit, I'm getting to "live" it vicariously through my college senior boys who are down in Cabo San Lucas now as we speak. Man, the things we do for our kids , huh? And...I've asked them NOT to send Dad any pics !

Comment

Spi

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                              Stevie Ray Vaughn in Padre was about as good as it gets. Just wish I remembered more of it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                              Ha! You remember that? I thought I was drunk! Maybe I was, just a little.
                              I remember SRV joining The Fabulous Thunderbirds on stage to play Tuff Enough/Don't Mess With Texas. He and Jimmy jammin side by side.
                              Pretty cool memories!

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcanman View Post
                                Ha! You remember that? I thought I was drunk! Maybe I was, just a little.
                                I remember SRV joining The Fabulous Thunderbirds on stage to play Tuff Enough/Don't Mess With Texas. He and Jimmy jammin side by side.
                                Pretty cool memories!
                                I missed that part I was driving my wasted buddy to a dentist in Mexico, because he tried opening a beer bottle with his teeth and broke one off @ the gum line

1986 the drinking age changed to 21 and mexico was closed to American kids because some guy got kid napped /killed by devil worshipers in matamoras
                                And Jefferson star ship headed up the concert
                                The next year we were in cozamel

Comment

Working...
                                X