No announcement yet.

Medicineman's 2017 season as live as possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a lil buck roll thru and a couple does now milling around out in a small meadow. They are a lil closer to my wind line than I'd like but so far we are still good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just had a decent buck come into the meadow with the does straight down wind about 75 yards or so. Hung up just outa good view, but his nose said something wasn't right. He didn't blow out or spook at all really, just slowly turned an milled away the opposite direction.

I've got several trail cam pics of him from the summer and after he'd shed his velvet, but haven't gotten anything of him in a few weeks. Prolly had to pass if he'd have come in, but his dang light colored cape and big white throats patch may have put me over the edge! I've been wanting to shoot a deer with those colors for a long time.

Comment

Just smoked a big calico sow. Prolly the biggest sow I've ever killed. She and her partner circled me for right at 30 minutes, and this one sounded like she had nasal problems as much as she was sniffing the air! I've never seen a pig be so wary, even some of the bigger boars I've taken.

Shot was 13 yards quartered away. She took off hard, and sounded like she piled up 40 yards or so from me and let out the death squeal. If she ain't dead, I'd be shocked!

Comment

Attaway, Shiloh! Bacon time!

Comment

Oh yeah!

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, she was just as big as I thought she was, every bit of 200+lbs and I don't hesitate at all in saying that. I've weighed several pigs just to see how close our "guesstimate" weights were and she's ever bit as big as a lot of the 200lb boars I've seen on scales. She about killed me dragging her out into the pasture sways to get her further away from the area I've been hunting.

And of course, as soon as I set her up to take pics, my phone died. I was so give out by the time I got her drug out, I just decided to live with the couple I was able to take instead of going to the truck to charge the phone for a bit.

Comment

Sweet! Congratulations sir.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job Shiloh!!

Comment

Congrats great hunting.

Comment

Wow! She is a toad. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking pig, congrats Shiloh.

Comment

Congrats Shiloh! Good job on another ol stinky! (sorry brother, aint looked for the broadhead dislodger, I know where it is, just aint took the time yet!) Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Thanks all!

No worries on the broadhead remover Rusty! Hopefully I wont run into that anymore unless my arrow blows thru a critter!

Comment

Yeah, if it sticks in a tree AFTER it zips through a big ol Oklahoma buck... Who will even care?!! Heck, prob be cool to leave it stuck in there, so every time you went by it in the years to come, you could remember that hunt! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Well I've arrived. Been a long week having to work late so glad to get away for the weekend. On the list is red stag, pigs, and blackbuck does. We shall see what happens in the morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X