Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the 5.0!

Comment

I know that my 4.6 2010 wouldn't pull a lawn mower uphill!!!! Good mileage though. The next one will be 5.0 or greater or diesel!!

Comment

I bought a 2013 with the ecoboost and a coworker bought a 2013 with the 5.0.v8. We both have about a thirty mile commute to work, all highway. He is a little heavier on the gas pedal than I am. His truck averages about 18 mpg and mine averages about 19. Both trucks are crew cab short bed 2wd. I probably would have bought the v8 had I known this as I could get 19 mpg out of it with my driving habits and there would be fewer moving parts.

Comment

I have a Platinum super crew 4x4 with the Ecoboost. I'm running a 33" BFG and it will down right smoke the tires. Power and torque are crazy and fun. That being said I don't get the mileage I was hoping for. I'm a little heavy on the foot and the computer shows an average of 13.6.

Comment

2013 FX4 6" lift 35" tires 5.0 with 3.55 gears. avg about 14.2 running country roads. pulling a 22' bass boat it drops to about 12.5. no complaints with the 5.0 and would buy it again, now Fords piece of crap navigation system is another story.

Comment

Eco Boost V6 vs 5.0 V8

Just get a 5.0 and put twin turbos on it.

Best of both worlds.

Comment

I have a 2011 ecoboost and wish I would have got the v8

Comment

After seeing the dash display I'm wondering if the mileage being reported is from what the truck display says or actual gallons used divided into miles driven? There usually is quite a difference. Usually the truck reading is more favorable than the pen to paper method.

Comment

Originally posted by texasokie2 View Post
                    After seeing the dash display I'm wondering if the mileage being reported is from what the truck display says or actual gallons used divided into miles driven? There usually is quite a difference. Usually the truck reading is more favorable than the pen to paper method.
                    The display on the last two vehicles I have had are about 1 1/2 mpg higher than actual gallons to miles calculation when filling up...even when you get off the dealer lot, they are still lying to you... :-(

Comment

Had my 2014 Fx4 ecoboost for about 3 weeks now and I love the low end torque. Getting 17 mpg's so far (1200 miles) also have the max tow package which it comes with the 3.73 rear end. I have been babying some so I think it will be a solid 16 mpg truck. Running 87 octane with no issues.

I did a ton of research on this eco vs 5.0 and this is what YOU need to decide.
                      1) do I want or need the low end torque for pulling. If so go to the ecoboost, 5.0 can't touch the Eco in usable torque, Eco hit 420 ft pound of torque at 2500 rpm's and maintains this pretty well thouout the power band
                      2) do I want good mpg's? They are a push, the Eco with the high geared rear end seem to do very well, 3.55 and lower the mpg's really start to go down. Go with the 5.0

I was one of those guys who just could not buy a v6 in a full size truck till I saw first hand what it can do. It will beat most and hold its own with any stock V8 made, just got to get past it don't have the V8 growl and it is a v6.

There is a video on you tube "Ike gauntlet" watch some of those, the only othe half ton truck that keep up was the Tundra

Comment

When you tow with the Eco you should run 93, the mileage will come up, I love my Ecoboost , I get 19 city and 24 hwyClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398257151.349756.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	24301013
                        O yea were talking trucks

Comment

If you pull anything heavier than a johnboat, get the eco. I have a 2012 eco 4x4 screw long bed with the 3.55 gears. Pulls my 6K camper like nothing. Avg about 10.5-11 doing that. Usually run about 18+ on the highway at 75.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                            If you pull anything heavier than a johnboat, get the eco. I have a 2012 eco 4x4 screw long bed with the 3.55 gears. Pulls my 6K camper like nothing. Avg about 10.5-11 doing that. Usually run about 18+ on the highway at 75.
                            Dang must be nice! I get 5.5mpg pulling a 6500 camper.... I got 373's

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Just get a 5.0 and put twin turbos on it.

Best of both worlds.
                              I like the sounds of that!

Comment

5.0 No doubt!

Comment

Working...
                                X