No announcement yet.

Educate me on crossbows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine in last week been shooting it all weekend. I got the Horton RDX, you will need to get the crank type cocking device on what ever you buy. Ten Point has them on sale for 1/2 off.
    I got the reverse limb style because the cocking effort is 50-60 pounds less than a traditional crossbow. I also got the crank style cocker, the string type cocker was hard on my arm.

I did as much research as possible, Archery Talk has a forum for crossbows with out all the sarcasm and ignorance. They also have a bunch of them for sale on the classifieds.

PM me if you need more help.

I just checked their website and they are not on sale anymore.
    Last edited by Radar; 08-19-2019, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
      Not a bad deal there. Bow only or package deal? Ten Points got the best warranty and customer service in the business (although you’ll probably never need it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Better than Excalibur?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
        You know...I saw that!
        Not a bad deal at all right there.
        I just Picked one of those up last night. the Ad said it was $299.00 but mine rang up at $249.00. clerk called the manager over and the manager said that it was the wrong bow.... but I told her that it was the same bow.... she checked the SKU and it was the right bow. $249.00 with a free $68.00 super combo seems like a great deal to me.

this is my first crossbow, but it looks and feels like a good quality piece of equipment.

it is a Bear X saga 405.

EDIT: just went to Academy's website and they have this crossbow as a "HOT DEAL" at $249.00
        plus the free license.

Last edited by wlee15; 08-19-2019, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Better than Excalibur?

Prolly not, but don’t know much about them although I had totally forgot about Excalibur earlier. I do know they make a good crossbow with good warranty, just not my cup of tea. I’d rather have something with a better width to price ratio. Anything outside of their top end really expensive ones are just wider than I care for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have owned several Excaliburs over the years. Good crossbow, best I liked about it was how easy it is to change the string. Took about 3-minutes. I just bought the Mission because the string and cables can be changed in the field without needing a press.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

GD bought a Barnett at Garage sale for $25...Gave to GS I helped him get it shootin..In about the last 3 or 4 years he's killed 7 deer and 3 hogs if I remember correctly..So it ain't the PRICE or Brand That Kills..Its gettin close and pullin off the shot and shootin well..

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                GD bought a Barnett at Garage sale for $25...Gave to GS I helped him get it shootin..In about the last 3 or 4 years he's killed 7 deer and 3 hogs if I remember correctly..So it ain't the PRICE or Brand That Kills..Its gettin close and pullin off the shot and shootin well..
                The ability to cock one without doing further damage to my bicep was the most important feature for me. My understanding of crossbows is the same as any other piece of equipment that you get what you pay for. I do know that a 250.00 crossbow is loud and the trigger sucks, so does the optics.

Comment

Working...
                X