Shooting restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting restrictions

Went to neuro surgeon today for post surgery follow up. Says everything looks good, but no shooting til April or May. Also no heavy lifting for the rest of my life. Can't pull a bow yet, didn't ask him about that, just tried and I am a ways off. Guess I will have to shoot .22's, not quite as much fun. Gonna have to see if I can find another way to make a living. (on top of SS that is)

best of luck to u. hope for a good recovery

Comment

Get a bull barreled 17 or 20 caliber centerfire. Can shoot far, kill things, and still as fun if not more since you can usually see your bullet impact.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Comment

Hope you have a full recovery. As sated get a 17 hmr or a 22mag. Can take down alot of pigs with those.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, bud. As others said, find yourself a manageable rifle other than a 22. I know a gentleman that uses a tricked out 17 for deer/pigs. Thing shoots lights out.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Comment

Yes, I have a .22 mag. Forgot about it when ammo was nearly unavailable. Getting itchy for a range trip. I am pretty sure I have a lease for next fall, if this dadgum cancer doesn't screw up another hunting season.

Comment

Out of curiosity what kind of surgery did you have?

As tough as it is, follow docs orders

I would think there are plenty of low recoil options
              .243 with managed recoil ammo would be a thought

Hope you make a speedy recovery

Comment

Prayers Up & hope you get up rolling sooner than later.

Comment

best of luck and God Bless

Comment

there's always a crossbow, it's just a sideways compound.

Comment

Good luck on a speedy recovery.

Comment

Crossbow is good idea. Have those cranking cockropes out now that attach to crossbow . No pulling involved.

Comment

Hope you feel better soon and get out there hunting with whatever you can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            Out of curiosity what kind of surgery did you have?

As tough as it is, follow docs orders

I would think there are plenty of low recoil options
                            .243 with managed recoil ammo would be a thought

Hope you make a speedy recovery

Removed T7 vertebrae, and a large potion of the T8 vertebrae. Added hardware to stabilize. Already had rods and screws from surgery 3 yrs ago. Metastasized tumor was reason for surgery. Still on 10lb lifting restrictions. Surgery was 10-16. Hate to gripe when I am doing so well on recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                              Removed T7 vertebrae, and a large potion of the T8 vertebrae. Added hardware to stabilize. Already had rods and screws from surgery 3 yrs ago. Metastasized tumor was reason for surgery. Still on 10lb lifting restrictions. Surgery was 10-16. Hate to gripe when I am doing so well on recovery.
                              Yeah that is a pretty serious surgery and I can understand the restrictions

Glad you are not suffering paralysis and hope you get to the point you can shoot what you want to

Comment

Working...
                              X