SETEX 9pt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SETEX 9pt

I have been watching this deer since the 2016 season when he was a decent 3yr old. I passed on him last year waiting on another buck that I never ended up killing.... anyway fast forward to this year... I saw him briefly 2 times during bow season but never made it happen. 2 weeks ago we got some heavy rains that swelled our creeks making it impossible for me to get to my stand I had setup to hunt him, this deer was staying in a remote area of the lease and I had to cross a creek to get to the stand. I decided to brush in another popup on my main trail that leads to the creek that i cross last week when I realized I wouldn't be able to hunt my #1 stand for a while and this evening it paid off. I got to the woods early and put out corn the went to see the water situation at the creek crossing, I could have crossed it had I wanted to as I brought my waders with me but decided to just sit in my new blind.

At 4:30 I had a doe and yearling walk out and begin feeding in my direction, they milled around until 5 an eased back into the woods, 10 minutes later I looked up and he was walking straight towards me on the same trail the doe and yearling took, I had enough time to put my 7mag out the window, find him in my scope (and realize he was the deer I was after) and pull the trigger as he was stepping into the woods, he dropped in his tracks and it was over just like that. He is a 5yr old 9pt, to be honest his pictures made him look like a better deer than he is antler wise but I'm happy with him, nothing better than killing a mature southeast texas buck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Great deer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justincorbell View Post
      I have been watching this deer since the 2016 season when he was a decent 3yr old. I passed on him last year waiting on another buck that I never ended up killing.... anyway fast forward to this year... I saw him briefly 2 times during bow season but never made it happen. 2 weeks ago we got some heavy rains that swelled our creeks making it impossible for me to get to my stand I had setup to hunt him, this deer was staying in a remote area of the lease and I had to cross a creek to get to the stand. I decided to brush in another popup on my main trail that leads to the creek that i cross last week when I realized I wouldn't be able to hunt my #1 stand for a while and this evening it paid off. I got to the woods early and put out corn the went to see the water situation at the creek crossing, I could have crossed it had I wanted to as I brought my waders with me but decided to just sit in my new blind.

At 4:30 I had a doe and yearling walk out and begin feeding in my direction, they milled around until 5 an eased back into the woods, 10 minutes later I looked up and he was walking straight towards me on the same trail the doe and yearling took, I had enough time to put my 7mag out the window, find him in my scope (and realize he was the deer I was after) and pull the trigger as he was stepping into the woods, he dropped in his tracks and it was over just like that. He is a 5yr old 9pt, to be honest his pictures made him look like a better deer than he is antler wise but I'm happy with him, nothing better than killing a mature southeast texas buck.

Very nice! I’ve got a nice one I have been watching also in Beaumont.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        Very nice! I’ve got a nice one I have been watching also in Beaumont.

This one came from west nome on the north side of 90.

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Handsome critter! Well done Corbell!

Comment

Very nice 4 year old

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Waydago!

Comment

Very nice buck

Great job!

Comment

Way to go!!! Nice buck

Comment

Nothing wrong with that buck at all. Congrats on making it all come together.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Justin, you are making this a habit. Congrats on the buck.

Comment

Working...
                              X