No announcement yet.

School removes quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad the quote was taken down. Blaming a female for wearing what she chooses, because you can't control yourself is ridiculous.

Control yourself no matter the situation. That's what I teach my 3 Daughters, and my Son. The actions of others, does not determine who you are. Be respectful and kind in every situation.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      The new quote is, "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
      Lmao!!

Comment

Dress like a slut, act like a slut, and you will most likely be treated like a slut. Females should have limits to what they wear. They can't walk around nude. Dress codes are there for a reason also.

But I don't see how that quote blames the girl...Some of you people look way too deep into things and try to see things that may not be there.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Dress like a slut, act like a slut, and you will most likely be treated like a slut. Females should have limits to what they wear. They can't walk around nude. Dress codes are there for a reason also.

But I don't see how that quote blames the girl...Some of you people look way too deep into things and try to see things that may not be there.
          Guys have dress codes as well. The issue isn't the dress code.

Men should have limits on themselves. Your weakness shouldn't be a reason for a rule for another person.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
            So good knowledge is discounted because of the source? Man knowledge is knowledge regardless of where is comes from.

-john
            Not saying the knowledge is discounted. But I wouldn't be putting hooker quotes on the school walls if I was in charge. Pretty sure we can come up with better folks to quote to guide our children's moral compass

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

You’re the type of guy that gives the “me too” movement legs to stand on.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                Not saying the knowledge is discounted. But I wouldn't be putting hooker quotes on the school walls if I was in charge. Pretty sure we can come up with better folks to quote to guide our children's moral compass

Parents should guide their children's moral compass. If a good quite from a hooker is going to cause your children to go off track then you have already lost this war. I know lets also remove all the old statues because they did things that we no longer would...if we just do that we will correct every wrong that has ever happened......

-john

Comment

this quote was doomed regardless of whether it was a hooker/madame/pimp that said it, or whether it implies undue responsibility on ladies to moderate behavior of everyone. obviously, the quote implicitly perpetuates outdated ideas of binary gender roles and identites, therefore it has no place in a supposed inclusive non-hostile learning environment.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                    Parents should guide their children's moral compass. If a good quite from a hooker is going to cause your children to go off track then you have already lost this war. I know lets also remove all the old statues because they did things that we no longer would...if we just do that we will correct every wrong that has ever happened......

-john
                    I like hookers as much as the next guy. I just think they have their place....not in the schools. And it wouldn't throw my children off track but I still wouldn't use hooker sayings to teach the behaviors we are looking to promote. So you know, I'm also against quotes from drug dealers and pimps. But statues are another issue. I think a big ole statue of Pablo Escobar outside the elementary shcool would be pretty sweet! Maybe him riding a motorcycle shooting the bird

Comment

... SOOO when my science teacher at the beginning of junior year told the girls that "Asprin is the best birth control substance ever. Take an Asprin every morning, stick it between your knees... And hold it there..." That wasn't a good thing to say?

Comment

Originally posted by lwc View Post
                        i like hookers as much as the next guy. I just think they have their place....not in the schools. And it wouldn't throw my children off track but i still wouldn't use hooker sayings to teach the behaviors we are looking to promote. So you know, i'm also against quotes from drug dealers and pimps. But statues are another issue. I think a big ole statue of pablo escobar outside the elementary shcool would be pretty sweet! Maybe him riding a motorcycle shooting the bird
                        lol

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

men Everyone should have limits on themselves. Your weakness shouldn't be a reason for a rule for another person.
                          FIFY

Comment

Working...
                          X