X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect!

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
    Saltwaterslick, I like your rig!

I am not sure perfect boat describes mine, but it fits me well. 1654 Tracker with 40 hp mercury. Perfect for me would be something in the 18 to 20 foot range, wide with minimum 90 hp.

Rwc
    Perfect!! Best boat picture I've see so far! Fun City!

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
      I've never wanted or owned a boat or watercraft but spent plenty of time on the water over the last 40+ years with the same buddy/friend. Who owes who what? We forgot years ago plus we don't care.
      No one "owes" anyone anything, but a simple offer to clean the boat up or pitch in for bait/gas, goes along way. I would never say anything to someone I invited out well because I invited them. I just won't be so quick to offer that up again.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
        No one "owes" anyone anything, but a simple offer to clean the boat up or pitch in for bait/gas, goes along way. I would never say anything to someone I invited out well because I invited them. I just won't be so quick to offer that up again.
        Bingo, same way on my boat. I sold mine a few years ago and my tournament partner has a skeeter we use for tournaments and fun fishing. I am either filling up the truck or the boat or towing with my truck, I'll bring him a gallon of yamalube every other month and I'll usually pay for breakfast or lunch. Just common courtesy in my eyes. No one ever understands how much this means to the boat owner until you have actually owned a boat.

The truest sticker I've ever seen on a wakeboard boat was "cash, gas, ***, or grass, no one rides for free"

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
          This ^^^

The reason they call it a B.O.A.T is because it’s an acronym for “break out another thousand”.
          People say this all the time. I don't get it. I could say the same thing about hunting or just about any other hobby I'd be interested in. I just sold my boat this year because I just wasn't able to use it as often as I had been before due to life happening. That being said, I hated to see it go and thoroughly enjoyed owning it for 5 years. Of course, there is cost associated with maintenance and repairs if you break stuff. I was pretty scared when I bought my boat because of people saying this all the time. Initial cost was a lot because I needed lines, life vests, other safety equipment, recreational equipment upgrades that I wanted to do, etc, etc. But I can assure you, I spent WAAAAYY more money on fishing gear and tackle than I did on upkeep of my "crappy" Tracker. I guess to each his own. I'm pretty **** about maintenance and upkeep, so maybe that's why my boat didn't give me any trouble. I'll own another boat at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
            Bingo, same way on my boat. I sold mine a few years ago and my tournament partner has a skeeter we use for tournaments and fun fishing. I am either filling up the truck or the boat or towing with my truck, I'll bring him a gallon of yamalube every other month and I'll usually pay for breakfast or lunch. Just common courtesy in my eyes. No one ever understands how much this means to the boat owner until you have actually owned a boat.

The truest sticker I've ever seen on a wakeboard boat was "cash, gas, ***, or grass, no one rides for free"
            I had an almost identical sticker on my xpress. When a certain buddy showed up I said hey man I put something on this boat for you! He kinda chuckles and then realized I was serious.

He later ran off with another guys wife to another state

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

There are some really good boats out there but Texas is a big place with a lot of diverse water. For the last 11 years, I've been running two boats. A 16'x48" semi-v tracker with a 25 hp tiller and 12v trolling motor. It does most of the rough use and bass fishing. I've beat this boat to hell but it still works. I run a 2007 Triton LTS with a 225 hp Merc in bays and near shore. I've been toying with the idea of replacing the bay boat. 10 years of heavy saltwater only use is tough on a boat and I've been told I can break a bowling ball if left unsupervised. I've looked at the Haynie HO and bigfoot both look reasonable. For me, a 22'-24' center console with around a 225, a vee and a pocket tunnel is close. Getting up in 18" of water would be nice. Perfect boat would come down to location of live wells, how they are plumbed and pumps accessed, battery location, how the wiring trays are accessed, leaning post configuration, quality of gel coat on deck and if the local shop that's selling me the rig knows the set up and are decent to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                People say this all the time. I don't get it. I could say the same thing about hunting or just about any other hobby I'd be interested in. I just sold my boat this year because I just wasn't able to use it as often as I had been before due to life happening. That being said, I hated to see it go and thoroughly enjoyed owning it for 5 years. Of course, there is cost associated with maintenance and repairs if you break stuff. I was pretty scared when I bought my boat because of people saying this all the time. Initial cost was a lot because I needed lines, life vests, other safety equipment, recreational equipment upgrades that I wanted to do, etc, etc. But I can assure you, I spent WAAAAYY more money on fishing gear and tackle than I did on upkeep of my "crappy" Tracker. I guess to each his own. I'm pretty **** about maintenance and upkeep, so maybe that's why my boat didn't give me any trouble. I'll own another boat at some point.
                Boats cost $$ but its just like anything else, you maintain it well and it will last. My wife and I have a "boat fund" that we put into monthly to take care of maintenance, registration or repairs. You budget and save for what means the most to you

I think all those old sayings come from when outboard motors were very finicky and broke down alot. Just like most thing, technology improves and these motors are better built and run longer.

Comment

Go look at all the ones you like. You need to pick your own just like a bow. I don't think there is a perfect one for all water ways. I have a place on the coast and have had 4 different boats. Sea hunt, scooter boat, shoal water and now a 21 flats cat. I like to fish the flats, bay and run out to the rigs within 12 miles when it's flat. I'm doing all that with the flats cat. I also bring it home sometimes and jug line lake Conroe. My only complaint on the flats cat is lack of storage

Comment

I've been running boats since I was 13. I've owned Glastron, Whalers, Grady White, El Pescador, Explorer, SeaCraft, and a few I can't remember.

I bought a Tran Sport 24' SVT Cat last year and for bay fishing it's the best that I have had the pleasure to operate, so far.

My suggestion is as matchejm said and to check out every boat that you are interested in and go from there.

Good luck.

Boats are expensive to buy new, built to your specifications and are expensive to operate, maintain, and repair. But fishing and hunting are my passion so it don't hurt me that much to get what I want.

Tran Sport 24' SVT Cat, 250 Suzuki SS.
                    Attached Files

Comment

My perfect boat is the one I own, my dream boat is too expensive for me
                      Attached Files

Comment

I got an amazing deal on a 19' ranger that had been sitting up for a few years. I had to put a good deal into it, but I paid cash, and it's there when I want to go fishing. The paid for boat gets my vote. It's shocking how much people will finance on a boat. And how much they cost new these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                          Meant to be funny. Boat is not an acronym.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                            I've been running boats since I was 13. I've owned Glastron, Whalers, Grady White, El Pescador, Explorer, SeaCraft, and a few I can't remember.

I bought a Tran Sport 24' SVT Cat last year and for bay fishing it's the best that I have had the pleasure to operate, so far.

My suggestion is as matchejm said and to check out every boat that you are interested in and go from there.

Good luck.

Boats are expensive to buy new, built to your specifications and are expensive to operate, maintain, and repair. But fishing and hunting are my passion so it don't hurt me that much to get what I want.

Tran Sport 24' SVT Cat, 250 Suzuki SS.
                            Transport is the cats meow of catamaran boats. Donny tran is a great guy with great customer service. He helped me with my flats cat. My next boat will be a trans cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                              Meant to be funny. Boat is not an acronym.
                              Oh, I know. But lots of folks say that. Believe me, I'm not bent out of shape about it. Justhe never understood that saying.

Comment

Maybe?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X