No announcement yet.

fantasy draft help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the same boat as you, have the 1st pick in my league. I am 80% certain I am taking AP, if Bell wasn't suspended he's the no brainer pick, but the games are too competitive to not have your first pick for 2 games.

Lacy is a safe pick, but at the end of the day he is really on more of a pass first team with all those great receivers.

To me it's between AP and Charles, AP is 30, but he's been the exception to the rule his entire career. With Charles slight/moderate injury risk I am leaning AP.

I wouldn't even think about QB with the first pick in standard scoring leagues.

Do some mock drafts and try out several different players/positions and see how your roster looks to help your decision.
    Last edited by AdamTex; 08-06-2015, 09:25 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
      Side question. Have any of ya'll purchased the 522 player evaluation guide ESPN puts out every year for the fantasy players?
      Theres too many free rankings / guides that you can consolidate and look at to warrant purchasing anything in my opinion.

I take 3 or 4 rankings depending on variance and then make a list of my own based on those.

Comment

Never understood picking a QB in the first round. Pick an RB and it should be between Bell and AP. Despite 2 game suspension you can grab his backup in the late rounds to hold you over for 2 weeks.

Comment

Ap if standard, Charles if PPR. Bell would be hands down number 1 in any format if he wasn't missing 2 games but those two games knocks him out of number one contention for me

Comment

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
            Never understood picking a QB in the first round. Pick an RB and it should be between Bell and AP. Despite 2 game suspension you can grab his backup in the late rounds to hold you over for 2 weeks.
            I've picked a QB in the first round when I was pick 7 and one year 8 and every pick before me was a RB.

That 1 QB was much more valuable than 7th or 8th RB.

And I agree with what you said about Bell

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              I've picked a QB in the first round when I was pick 7 and one year 8 and every pick before me was a RB.

That 1 QB was much more valuable than 7th or 8th RB.

And I agree with what you said about Bell

Yup

Comment

If I get an early pick (1-5) Im most likely going RB, RB.

Anything after that and I will be strongly considering going WR, WR. Having Dez & Demarius, or Dez and Julio would be killer. Gamble on some later round RBs and hit, you're golden.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyAg97 View Post
                  It all depends on your scoring, how many start at each position etc. Without that it's impossible to say.

I always use value based drafting - google it, it's the best strategy in my opinion.
                  X2
                  All of the so called Fantasy Football experts are saying - Antonio Brown should be the first pick in all drafts. I personally am a RB, RB, WR, WR kind of guy.

Comment

I'm a St. Louis RAMS fan, and we have two dark horses...Nick Foles and Todd Gurley. Those two are going to be special this year, MHO.

Comment

ok so to bring yall up to speed on where I am. its a standard scoring league, 10 team league. Im really thinking that I go rb like bell or ap first. if I pick them then hopefully by the time that I pick again... I can get a qb. I have considered trading my pick and getting a 5th pick or something and then again ill get the 15th and back to 20th and 21st... not sure if I can get someone to do that deal though

Comment

I went rb wr rb qb wr rb rb te
                        Ended up with cj Anderson Odell beckham Alfred Morris Big Ben Jordan Mathews Andre Ellington joique bell and Owen Daniels

Comment

What do yall think about going with leveon bell and then a whatever is best rb... then going from there? or would you just swing for the fence and get Charles, or ap?

Comment

Originally posted by jase82 View Post
                            ok so to bring yall up to speed on where I am. its a standard scoring league, 10 team league. Im really thinking that I go rb like bell or ap first. if I pick them then hopefully by the time that I pick again... I can get a qb. I have considered trading my pick and getting a 5th pick or something and then again ill get the 15th and back to 20th and 21st... not sure if I can get someone to do that deal though
                            You can wait until the 8th round and get a serviceable QB in a 10 team league. Unless of course this is a 2 QB league.

There isn't much difference in the number 10 QB and the number 4 QB at the end of the year.

Only way I'm taking a QB early in a 10 team league is if Luck or Rogers is still there in the 3rd round.

I would be loading up on RB/WR in the 1st 5 rounds and be perfectly happy with Matt Ryan or Tony Romo as my QB.

I would also poll your league to see if anybody wants to trade picks with you. I'd much rather be in the middle of the draft this year, there is no clear cut number 1 making that pick valuable.

Comment

Heck Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, and a couple others put up good number every week in fantasy. You also have a chance to sneak brady in a late round pick as a bench player just because hes out the first 4 weeks so the QBs I listed will definitely get you through 4 weeks.

I would go AP or Charles over Bell in my opinion.

Comment

no one as of yet wants to trade. nothing that will help me atleast. I agree that a qb in the 4th round might be a good choice. would I be stupid for going bell first instead of Charles lacy or ap?

Comment

Working...
                                X