No announcement yet.

fantasy draft help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade out of that pick. I like to be last or next to last. First is the worst pick simply because of how long you have to wait to pick again. In theory, I'd rather have the 10th and 11th best player than the 1st and 20th/21st. I have landed 1 or 2 several times and have always been able to trade down. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jase82 View Post
      we got our pick numbers the other day and I got the first pick. My git tells me either peterson, Charles or Lacy... But Im toying with a qb like Rodgers or Luck first.... What does the green screen say?
      rb rb wr wr qb the qbs available will be close to Rogers. If you wait till 2nd round to get your running back, thats either 19 or 23 picks before you get to pick all the good rbs will be gone by the end of the 1st round.
      Last edited by lovemylegacy; 08-06-2015, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Go with a RB. At the end of the season the point spread between the QB with the highest points and the next several QBs will be very little. However, there will be a big point spread on the RB side of things.

Comment

Peterson or Charles... Vikings said he would be a work horse this year also. There is at least 10 QBS that can put up a lot of points every week in fantasy.

Comment

Rodgers!

Comment

Id probably go Lacy simply due to durability. I think Charles has the potential to have a better season, but also get injured. Unless you are in a 2 QB league, there will be a very good QB there in round 2 or even later depending on whether you are a 10 or 12 team league.

Comment

Gotta go RB here and mine choices would be between Peterson and Lacy. Peterson is going to put up huge numbers if he stays healthy IMO. Decent QBs will slide back. Brady will slide due to the deflate gate and you may hit a home run if he wins in court

Comment

It all depends on your scoring, how many start at each position etc. Without that it's impossible to say.

I always use value based drafting - google it, it's the best strategy in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                    There are only 4 or 5 Tier 1 running backs and the same goes for QB's. If you draft 1st you will not draft until 20th for the next pick. Get the best RB with the first and there still should be a decent QB at 20. There won't be as good as a selection at RB at 20 and with the 21st pick get a WR.
                    I agree with this even an average QB will still give you sufficient points a good RB that will put up consistent numbers every week..... Only a few of those.

Comment

It's just a bet.

Go with your gut.

Our league's scoring system favors QB's over RB's. So we generally draft QB's in the first round. If you take a QB try to get his goto receiver in the second round. A good QB & WR combo can put up points quick.

I would have a hard time taking Peterson first. Not because of his talent. More due to the fact he had last year off and pretty much demanded the team trade him. He and Jurra got busted talking about how he wanted to play in Dallas. He doesn't want to be there regardless of what he's saying now.

But...

Tedy will be starting his second year @ QB. He didn't have a stud RB like AP to help carry the load last year. AP will get tons of carries and could go for 2500 like he says is his goal.

It's just a bet.

Go with your gut.

Comment

If it's ppr there's no better choice than a Charles, Bell, etc that's a big time yardage/TD/goaline back that gets 6-7 catches a game.. Heck even Matt Forte will get you double digits in a ppr league with a bad game

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                          This, to many qb's that can be had in the mid rounds, to burn a first round pick.
                          yep. RB is my first pick

Comment

in my experience the first two picks in the draft i either get two really good WR's or two really good RB's......it always works for me for some reason, ive won 4 times out of the past 6 seasons in the one 14 man league im in

Comment

Since running back by committee has become the norm in the NFL, I'd go with one of the running backs that take the majority of the snaps on a team that doesn't really do the committee deal. Last year I was #12 so I got picks 12 and 13. I took Marshawn Lynch with 12 and DeMarco Murray with #13. Needless to say, I was the champion of my league. It didn't hurt that I managed to get Andrew Luck on my next pick.

Comment

Side question. Have any of ya'll purchased the 522 player evaluation guide ESPN puts out every year for the fantasy players?

Comment

Working...
                                X