No announcement yet.

Bermuda Grass Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares about grass, do you have a write-up about the house behind it being built? lol

Comment

Well I have about 1000 pictures of the process. We started with 3 heavily wooded acres, and it's been a heck of a ride!

Comment

Putting seed down tomorrow!

Comment

Germinating right on schedule!

Comment

Any pics of the grass?

Comment

September 14

September 17

September 23

Comment

You'll be fine planting it now. As far as cutting height, in the heat of the summer try not to cut it too short. Rule of thumb is never take off more than 2/3rds of the total length or you'll have some heat stress and dead spots. Hope to see it come in thick!

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
                  I'm wondering if you should wait until spring to plant since the growing season is about over. Beautiful place you have, I bet it will be a great lawn too. I am a big fan of buffalo grass here in west Texas where it doesn't rain much.
                  Yeah, me, too! Buffalo grass is soft on feet, drought tough, and you don't have to mow it often. In fact, if you mow more than 2 - 3 times a year, it is too much. That's how my husband killed ours and promoted Bermuda grass growth.

Comment

Gotta train him early!

Comment

Sure is growing fast. Looks good.

Comment

Bringing an older thread back up to the top. We just moved into the house we built in December and am starting to get the yard going. I have 100 lbs of LaPrima Bermuda I am going to plant Tuesday. I have smoothed the ground level with the skid steer and removed all trash from the soil. Sprayed Killzall on the entire thing two weeks ago, as well as watered in a slow release starter fertilizer. Any of you guys plant the LaPrima and anything more I should do before planting? Hoping this stuff turns out well.

Comment

I have celebration Bermuda. Its awesome.

Comment

Do you have to kill off everything that is already growing or can I overseed with it to get everything to fill in nice and dense like?

Comment

what does well in shade areas?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                                what does well in shade areas?

How much shade are we talking? Full shade, go with a zoysia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X