Bermuda Grass Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bermuda Grass Question

Anyone on here know if there would be a significant difference between Majestic Bermuda and the LaPrima XD Bermuda? I want the thick carpeted bermuda look and have some significant slopes on the place so need quick establishment. Just wondering if the LaPrima is worth the extra money. Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice.

In! Have a similar situation

Comment

If you want the thick carpeted look then go with the LaPrima XD as it will look more plentiful and dense as well as be more economic friendly. It looks its best at 1.5-2.5 inches tall. It's a go to choice if you want rapid establishment and fast germination. This type is commonly used for golf courses roughs for its winter hardiness and durability. That's just what I know about it

Comment

Yes and don't scalp it. That's the common mistake with it people cut it like common

Comment

Thank you both! I will post some pictures of the process. Didn't think to take any today while working on the grading.

Comment

What cut height would you recommend arrow flinger?

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
              What cut height would you recommend arrow flinger?

1.5 to 2.5 inches tall

Comment

I appreciate the pointers. Will be posting some pictures later this week we are in the process of getting the soil prepped. Ready to see some grass and get that fresh cut smell in a month or two!

Comment

watching

Comment

In

Comment

Did some more prep work today, lots of Roundup. A 48" boom sprayer would have been a good investment. Looks like we'll be finishing up the prep on Saturday (hopefully) and seeding Sunday. I will post updates as we get the prep done.

Lots of this stuff.

Front is just about ready.

Plenty work left out back.

Comment

I'm wondering if you should wait until spring to plant since the growing season is about over. Beautiful place you have, I bet it will be a great lawn too. I am a big fan of buffalo grass here in west Texas where it doesn't rain much.

Comment

This seed is supposed to germinate in 5-7 days and have full coverage in 4-5 weeks. The seed rep said "get a mower, now" so we'll see. We ran irrigation for the whole place and will be using a good starter fertilizer so conditions should be ideal. I may complain about how often I have to cut the grass next year though...

Comment

Keep it good and wet the first 5 days.

Comment

^ This! When I did my yard in Bryan I was watering 4 times a day where I had irrigation. Those areas had great germination. The areas that I could only water by hand/sprinklers did not germinate nearly as well.

I hydromulched Riviera Bermuda.
                              Last edited by Chad_E; 09-04-2015, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X