Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH got mentioned on episode 103 of meateater

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    Hook a brother up, and then doing so, and then reading it AND commenting, all in the same post? I didn't see it that way. I got the flatten like a pancake was awesome. I really don't think ANYONE thinks what Ragin' did was awesome.

Well you saw it wrong....see above

Comment

I like Steven. Big Fan.
      I own and have read all his books (even the cooking ones) numerous times.
      He has some opinions I dont agree with, but hes allowed to have them....
      I do enjoy watching some of his adventures...they are very Shockey-like - and thats a good thing.
      His cooking stuff is very educational..and admittingly, gotten me to try stuff i normally wouldnt have.
      The only real issue I have is when he does dip into his cali-life-influences and talks **** about feeder hunting, baiting, high fences, or even land ownership in other states (Texas is ALWAYS named first), is its hard to listen to , and not think back to his own writings about him purposely trespassing on Native American property to get to an area that would enable him to kill a buffalo.
      (regardless of how bad *** that trip was...).
      its just a bit a hypocritical to be high and ethical and moral, and then perform, write (and profit from) about what essentially is poaching.

He is easy to tune-out when he goes into those little areas...because hes predictable in his dialog- so its not a big deal.
      Last edited by systemnt; 02-14-2018, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        The trouble is some folks think high fence animals have no chance to avoid being killed by the hunter. On small places I would say that's often true. Large tracts not so much.

Most high fences are put up to protect an investment. I can't blame folks for that.

I enjoy Steve's shows. Never seen a blog so I don't know what he says about HF. However I really don't give a rip what he thinks. I'm old enough and intelligent enough to form my own opinion.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
        Two co workers were on a several thousand acre HF ranch (Greater than 10,000). They drove around all day until they saw what they wanted, hopped outta the truck, shot the animal they wanted from a herd of say 5 to 10 animals. Well the other animals that didn't get shot had to be shooed away because they were so used to people that they didn't know to run. Those same co workers have done similar hunts numerous times, and multiple ranches, so I know this isn't a one off situation.

That is what most people not from Texas think of Texas HF hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
          But back on topic. I think guys would be amazed with how people from out west look at our way of hunting out here in Texas. Hell im from here and I think high fences are the worst thing that has happened to hunting probably ever. Some parts of Texas just have livestock and not wildlife. I mean just look at the thread going right now where the dip **** shoots a show goat with a blow gun in a pen. That doesnt look good for hunting.
          Yep. That same guy would lose his mind if he had a sponsor, and they dropped him. Just like those clowns that speared the bear and got dropped by Under Armor. Some stuff just doesn't need to be online.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            Two co workers were on a several thousand acre HF ranch (Greater than 10,000). They drove around all day until they saw what they wanted, hopped outta the truck, shot the animal they wanted from a herd of say 5 to 10 animals. Well the other animals that didn't get shot had to be shooed away because they were so used to people that they didn't know to run. Those same co workers have done similar hunts numerous times, and multiple ranches, so I know this isn't a one off situation.

You can do this on the 2000 acre low fence lease I'm on. Deer stay under the feeder when you walk up and climb in your bow stand.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Well you saw it wrong....see above
              Yep. That,in itself, is disheartening.

Comment

Is this thread getting smaller?

Comment

I think so OKTX... I keep looking for quotes and they seem to be disappearing haha.

Comment

We have a longstanding policy of not publicly discussing user infractions and/or banned users.

I'd make an exception but, hey, it's policy.
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

And a lot of them that are from Texas think that way also.

Most deer that are that tame are stocker bucks that were bottle fed and lived their lives until their release.

I've had more than a few hunters on my place that will drive their UTV close to the blind with 48" LED light bar blazing approach the blind with the wind at their backs, wearing the brightest headlamp they could find while they pour out a huge pile of hand corn and wonder why the big bucks didn't show up.

sorry I got off topic

Comment

And for the record, NOBODY has EVER "got thrown off" the forum for a single event (other than spam or obvious trolling), and especially not for "bringing up" the topic of high fence. Anybody that has been banned (especially permanently) has EARNED it through multiple and repeated violation of forum guidelines.

Other than that, from the couple minutes I listened to, it was glossed over simply as a casual observation by one of the "hosts."
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Is this thread getting smaller?
                          Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          We have a longstanding policy of not publicly discussing user infractions and/or banned users.

I was wondering if this thread shrunk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I was wondering if this thread shrunk
                            First thing I though as well when I saw the top of page 3.

Oh well....

Dually noted for next time.

Comment

And for the record, NOBODY has EVER "got thrown off" the forum for a single event (other than spam or obvious trolling), and especially not for "bringing up" the topic of high fence. Anybody that has been banned (especially permanently) has EARNED it through multiple and repeated violation of forum guidelines.

Other than that, from the couple minutes I listened to, it was glossed over simply as a casual observation by one of the "hosts."
                              That was my take on it too. Followed soon thereafter by one of them describing roads bordered by "10' chain link fence." Hope he wasn't picking up hitch hikers.

Comment

I have seen the request for screenshots multiple times, and it has always made me scratch my head. Why anyone would want to see it is beyond me. I like Ragin', I miss seeing his actual contributions to TBH. I would love to meet him, and sit down with him. However, I do NOT want to see what he said to Mary, nor any other MOD blasts. I don't doubt that he felt slighted, he allowed a few folks to get under his skin and I understand a few of those instances. I have a few that I don't truly care for, but I ignore them as best I can. I've had disagreements with a couple of others that we handled amicably in PM's and I've been able to see where they're coming from. I still don't agree with some ways that folks deal with things, but at least I can understand where they're coming from. I won't ever agree with a few guys and the way that they refuse to leave folks alone. If the MOD's can leave stuff alone, it baffles me as to why others refuse to. But I digress

That being said...Michael, you guys do a great job of letting people handle things amongst themselves until it becomes obvious that they can't. And I appreciate it. I've seen forums get completely sideways due to lack of moderator input and I'm glad that y'all keep a close eye on things. I rarely ever visit other hunting forums, and even more rarely do I post on any other hunting forum. TBH is an incredible place, and I appreciate all that y'all do

Comment

Working...
                                X