Big bobcat contest. My results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big bobcat contest. My results.

Ended up with two cats but we couldn’t get foxes!!! My teammates missed several shots on fox. We had enough opportunity to get them. I was 4 for 5 with my longest shot over 200 yards on a grey at 3 am. Awesome time!!! We are newbies at this but love it! Got our money back on the bobcat hides at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. Weight was 20 and 22 lbs.

Comment

Pinchin ain't easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just curious, where do you sell your hides? How much do you get per hide on average? Isn’t there a process with CITES that you have to go through to legally sell them?
        Last edited by MountainHunter7; 01-21-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

How much were they paying for cats?

Comment

Congrats. It was a tough night for foxes. We had 4 cats but could only get two foxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpolks-TR View Post
              Congrats. It was a tough night for foxes. We had 4 cats but could only get two foxes.
              Real tough. I’ve never gone and it been so slow or the Fox been so skittish. We basically just donated $200 because we got whooped all around

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                How much were they paying for cats?
                Depends on the buyer! We are here as well, took a cat to one buyer and he said “$25” took it to another buyer and got $60. He said he’d pay $125 for prime cats.

Comment

All of our Cats are over 24lbs. It was a great cat night, they all came in like foxes usually do. The foxes were very skittish and call shy.

Comment

Pretty looking cats man !!!

Comment

We got 150 for the two cats in the picture. One guy offered 80. The next offered 150. There are buyers at the contest weigh in.

Comment

We called in about 20-25 fox, there around 2-4 they starting to become skittish. Very slow during the day and had our 5 by 11.
                        We let a cat slip by about 2, gave us a small opportunity then slipped away in the brush.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                          Depends on the buyer! We are here as well, took a cat to one buyer and he said “$25” took it to another buyer and got $60. He said he’d pay $125 for prime cats.
                          Yep the east Texas buyer that's always there doesn't pay anything.

Comment

Ended up with 23 fox wasn’t able to get on a cat but that’s ok.
                            Attached Files

Comment

NOOOO!!!!! Wow 28 fox won most fox!! Man we would have made a go of that we just about let that many walk. Figured 60 would win like regular.

Comment

Working...
                              X