No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=SwineAssassiN;12267485]Well we made our first trip to Rayburn. Crappie weren't near as shallow as suggested but we found them!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkQUOTE]

Those are some great fish!! I love some fat black crappie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some great stringers there!

Comment

Palestine yesterday

Ended up with 23

My 5yo can bait his own hook and land his own fish now!

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
          Well we made our first trip to Rayburn. Crappie weren't near as shallow as suggested but we found them!

Nice haul! We will be up there April 5th-9th and probably a day trip or two between now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
            Palestine yesterday

My 5yo can bait his own hook and land his own fish now!
            Life's little victories!

You know, a day is coming when you'd love to get the opportunity to bait that hook for him again! Enjoy every minute you can! They sure grow up fast!

...and then there's grand kids!!!! WOO-HOO! They are so much more fun!! All grand pa has to do is show up and have fun with 'em, then leave... just the good stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
              Well we made our first trip to Rayburn. Crappie weren't near as shallow as suggested but we found them!

A mess of slabs like that would make me smile too! Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Life's little victories!

You know, a day is coming when you'd love to get the opportunity to bait that hook for him again! Enjoy every minute you can! They sure grow up fast!

...and then there's grand kids!!!! WOO-HOO! They are so much more fun!! All grand pa has to do is show up and have fun with 'em, then leave... just the good stuff!!
                My kids get mad at me for that part. Always leaving the grandboys wanting to do something with Granddaddy their parents don't like....like whistles, Kazoos, duck calls, candies, ext, ext...

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  My kids get mad at me for that part. Always leaving the grandboys wanting to do something with Granddaddy their parents don't like....like whistles, Kazoos, duck calls, candies, ext, ext...
                  Oh yea!!! You get them one of those little push toys, the gumball popper thingy!? Those things are the MOST ANNOYING toy in the world and absolutely indestructible!! I gave my oldest grandson his mamma's that she had when she was a baby!! My daughter is still giving me a ration about that! I just told her it was PAYBACK!

Comment

Worked all morning and snuck a few hours in between an afternoon appointment! I need a nap now.

Comment

Went after work today for a couple hours, caught 5 bass and 3 crappie
                      One good one 2lbs 14ozs

Comment

Originally posted by JMAR View Post
                        Went after work today for a couple hours, caught 5 bass and 3 crappie
                        One good one 2lbs 14ozs

Now that's a SLAB!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Now that's a SLAB!
                          2X on that!

What depth is everbody find-n them at now?

Comment

These were mostly 10-16' on brush leading into spawning coves. White hot thump chubbies were the bait of the day

Hopefully I can find some fish at Belton next weekend!!

Comment

Good mess of fish Slew. Good luck to ya next weekend on Belton.

I've been yank-n them up with Black and chartreuse mini tubes 2" with leadhead, colored or not. And 2" white YUM grub with leadhead. Seems like the Black and chartreuse as always been a producer of bigger crappie in almost any water I've fished around here in DFW over the years for some reason. Not sure why.

Comment

Been doing yard work all day! Finally got around to messing with the boat for the trip!! Greased the bearings and checked both props for line and did some waypoint management. Your butt hole puckers up a little bit when you hit delete all on 3400 waypoints but I think I got em all saved to some cards!! Guess we will see!!

Comment

Working...
                                X