Sub MOA stock 7mag under $800 Audad/Devils River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub MOA stock 7mag under $800 Audad/Devils River

Headed back to Devils River on the TPWD draw hunt with my brother. I was lucky enough to take a young ram when I was drawn the first time. Been told we’re pretty lucky for getting drawn twice in 10 years. Missed a ram of a Lifetime on that last hunt and it’s stuck with me. I was using a borrowed 7mm rem mag and absolutely loved that rifle. Rem 700. Right now I’m looking at getting a Bergara B-14 Hunter. Shots will likely be under 300 yds. I don’t reload, and am pretty set on the caliber. Hunt is in January. I know the savage rifles are accurate, but they’ve always seemed cheap to me. I have a Weatherby Vanguard S2 308 that I like, and they seem good quality. I have an older browning Abolt Varmint Stalker in 22-250 that is an absolute tack driver. My dad has savage 6.5 Creedmoor that he bought from wal-mart for $299 that will clover leaf, so I know accurate rifles can be had with out spending a fortune and going custom. Looking for opinions on makes and models other then the Bergara. I’ve always wanted a 7 mag so pretty set on caliber. Thanks in advance. Have hears about some feed issues and primer cratering on the Bergaras. Don’t know if this is just rare isolated stuff; I don’t want to have to worry about that kind of thing.

Check out Bergara on TSS Warehouse. I don’t have one of their 7mags but I have 4 other of their rifles and they work flawlessly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shots under 300? Just buy some good ammo that your 308 likes and get after it.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
        Shots under 300? Just buy some good ammo that your 308 likes and get after it.
        I want to be prepared to take a long shot if the situation arises, and a flatter shooting rifle in those mountains makes a big difference.

Comment

Even out to 500 you aren’t going to notice a difference.

I’d spend the money on glass, ammo, an a LR class.

But, it’s your money, not mine.

Comment

Tikka or Browning xbolt

Comment

I looked at a wood stocked Mossberg Patriot in 7mm mag on the used rack yesterday. It was $350 out the door, wearing the cheap Bushnell package scope.

Comment

I have a b14 ridge. Got it over the hunter because it has a threaded barrel. Barnes blue tips were 1/2 moa at 200 yards so rolled with them. Figured that was minute of anything I could hit at 500. If your not reloading find a shelf ammo it likes and put some good glass on it. Wouldn’t worry about the stock

Comment

Originally posted by RPB View Post
                  I have a b14 ridge. Got it over the hunter because it has a threaded barrel. Barnes blue tips were 1/2 moa at 200 yards so rolled with them. Figured that was minute of anything I could hit at 500. If your not reloading find a shelf ammo it likes and put some good glass on it. Wouldn’t worry about the stock
                  What caliber? I was looking hard at this one as it's really not much heavier than the hunter.

Comment

If your on somewhat of a budget I'd look at the nicer Savage rifles, not the axis line. Look at the 110 and 116 line. The couple savage rifles I have I would put against any other rifle in my safe and i have a couple $2K+ rifles in there. Also I would check out Tika.

Comment

I have a few buddys that shoot the TC Compass and really like them.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        If your on somewhat of a budget I'd look at the nicer Savage rifles, not the axis line. Look at the 110 and 116 line. The couple savage rifles I have I would put against any other rifle in my safe and i have a couple $2K+ rifles in there. Also I would check out Tika.
                        This. Savage 10 and 16 lines or even the 12 line. If not just upgrade scope on a rifle you already have.

*tip: aoudad vitals are further forward than what people realize, behind the shoulder is only going to clip back of lungs

Comment

No doubt, Savages as a general rule do seem to flat out shoot. Can't seem to find much info on them in a 7 mag as far as accuracy/range performance.

Comment

[quote=diamond10x;14313089]This. Savage 10 and 16 lines or even the 12 line. If not just upgrade scope on a rifle you already have.

*tip: aoudad vitals are further forward than what people realize, behind the shoulder is only going to clip back of lungs[/quote

They have that new stock on the Savages that has all that plastic. I think the 16 comes in a stainless with a synthetic stock. Honestly have know Idea whats the difference between the models.
                            Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 08-19-2019, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Tikka. Will do everything you need it to

Comment

Working...
                              X