All in the Family and the Jeffersons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    Cannot even be remotely replicated in this day and time.
    You didn't watch it did you?

The replicated it word for word.

Comment

I caught the last 30 minutes or so. Wish I had seen the first part but I am sure it will be online eventually. Watched all of the re-runs as a kid growing up, it was really awesome when they opened the door and Marla Gibbs was standing there!

Comment

All in the Family and the Jeffersons

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        You didn't watch it did you?

The replicated it word for word.

Come on Jeff, you and I could do it word for word, that only means we parrot the script, replication requires more than recitation. It includes chemistry of the characters. You can buy a kit to make a Pinto into a Porsche, but under the thin veneer, you’re stuck with a
        Pinto pretending to be a Porsche

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Graysonhogs; 05-23-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          Come on Jeff, you and I could do it word for word, that only means we parrot the script, replication requires more than recitation. It includes chemistry of the characters. You can buy a kit to make a Pinto into a Porsche, but under the thin veneer, you’re stuck with a
          Pinto pretending to be a Porsche

I agree, but like I said. I don't think they were trying to literally be the originals. Just pay a tribute to them.

Comment

I agree, but like I said. I don't think they were trying to literally be the originals. Just pay a tribute to them.

Fair enough

Comment

I looked at it as a tribute to the old shows and the man who created them. It is what it is. They were not trying to reinvent the wheel. I thought it was fun to watch. If you were expecting them to somehow be better than the originals then of course it would be disappointing. I don't even think these actors believed they were doing that. Seemed to be like it was all in good fun, and paying tribute.
              I'm glad you enjoyed it

Comment

It was okay....nostalgic for sure. I thought Marisa Tomei was good as Edith and likewise for Wanda Sykes as Louise. Jamie Foxx messing up during All in the Family was good. Actors started giggling and Woody had to turn around. Anyone notice the lady interviewing to be the maid was the actual maid from the original shows.

Comment

I'll give them a watch one day, but I'm skeptical...

Comment

Well I'm impressed!

I was not expecting them to recreate the original scripts. I remember seeing both of those episodes back in the day. I enjoyed it. The Jeffersons cast did a better job of acting imo. I did like Edith's performance though. The scene on The Jeffersons when they were opening the door to meet the maid, I thought to myself it would be cool to have the original actor play this part. I was happy to see 88 year old Marla Gibbs appear. Norman Lear, wow! 96 years old, and looks great! Jamie Foxx played a good George Jefferson too. It was fun to watch, and took me back to the days when people had a sense of humor, and didn't get offended so easily. I miss those days.

I agree ....it was not bad at all. I'm usually not one for this type of stuff but they did a good enough job to keep me interested and laughing. Some of the performances were **** good too. Especially Edith. Took me way back...even if not the same folks. Jennifer Hudson nailed the Jeffersons theme song as well.

Good to see Florence make a cameo too!

Comment

I too missed All in the Family. The Jeffersons wasn't bad at all. The history of the two afterwards was good too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                        I found Cool Hand Luke on TCM. No contest. I'll watch Luke every time.

....nobody can eat 50 eggs...

Comment

They gonna do it again y'all. I was pleasantly surprised at the job everyone did on the remakes this thread was about. I hope this one doesn't disappoint.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope, not going to waste my time.

Comment

Archie Bunker's Place comes on in the afternoons on Antenna TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X