• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's nasty

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
      If you’re hungry and or broke it’s probably pretty good
      When I was a young man, I was both hungry and broke, and you're close to right. It was filling.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        Love a good carp, javelina and aoudad soup.

Ate it once. Lots of bones. Flavor wasn’t bad, but texture was “different”. I ain’t cleaning one

Comment

I've tried it 4 times and each time, it sucked. Every time the person told me they knew how to do it and make it good. Either they had never had crappie or cat fish or they lied.

Comment

I worked with a guy from Slovakia. He said carp was a delicacy in his country and was eaten for special occasions. He was extremely excited when I brought him a few. Apparently European carp are a little different from ours. He didn’t ask for them again.

Comment

I’ll pass after watching them down cigarette butts at the marina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Carp smells like, if a skunk and a deviled egg made a baby that lived in a trash truck. I'll pass on eating that.

Comment

I’ll pass.

Comment

Tried it a couple of ways by a guy who said he could cook it. Nope.

Gary

Comment

As a general rule I won't eat carp. But, I've eaten some that was caught out of the cold clear streams up in the mountains and it was quite good.

Comment

carps

Comment

I have never eaten carp but I see them being sold in the Asian markets all the time.

Comment

Carp not so much, but Small Mouth Buffalo, you just take out the back straps and pull them apart so you don't break those small three-fingered little bones, then fry it up, there's not a better eatin' fish out there. The Asian carp is very similar to a buffalo I've been told. Never tried one tho. Both have very white, almost translucent meat as opposed to a common or "German" carp common in most Texas waters...

Comment

Grass carp are edible. germans are terrible. Im too good a fisherman to have to eat carp.

Comment

I’ll try anything once if someone else prepares it. Don’t have time to waste on cleaning one for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X